Conference USA Announces ESPN3 Partnership (2 UNT Games)

Harry

FOOTBALL

Conference USA Announces ESPN3 Partnership

Two North Texas Games Will Be Broadcast On ESPN3

IRVING – Conference USA and ESPN3 will provide fans with a large number of live events from the league across a number of sports.  Included will be regular-season competition, as well as exclusive live content from Media Days and various championships. Two North Texas games will be broadcast live on ESPN3; the Saturday, Nov. 5 clash against Louisiana Tech at Apogee Stadium in Denton at 4:30 p.m. CT, and the following week’s road game at Western Kentucky at 2:30 p.m. from Bowling Green, Kentucky.

“Offering fans our content through ESPN’s streaming channels, as well as our own will definitely provide more exposure to our great programs,” Conference USA Commissioner Judy MacLeod said. “If our fans can’t be in our stadiums and arenas, we are excited to give them more opportunities to see their favorite teams compete regardless of where they may be when the events take place.”

Ten Conference USA regular-season football games will kick off the ESPN3 coverage, beginning on Saturday, Oct. 15. Additionally, ESPN3 will stream 10 men’s basketball and 10 women’s basketball games this winter and 10 baseball and 10 softball regular-season contests in the spring of 2017.

The following 10 Conference USA football games have been confirmed on ESPN3, with the winter and spring events to be announced at a later date:

DATE                                     GAME                                                                       TIME

Saturday, Oct. 15              WKU at Middle Tennessee                              2:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. CT

Saturday, Oct. 22              Louisiana Tech at FIU                                          7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT

Saturday, Oct. 29              Middle Tennessee at FIU                                 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT

Saturday, Nov. 5               UTSA at Middle Tennessee                             2:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. CT

Florida Atlantic at Rice                                        3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT

Louisiana Tech at North Texas                       5:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. CT

Saturday, Nov. 12            North Texas at WKU                                           3:30 p.m./2:30 p.m. CT

Saturday, Nov. 19            UTEP at Rice                                                           12 p.m. ET/11 a.m. CT

Middle Tennessee at Charlotte                     2 p.m. ET/1 p.m. CT

Saturday, Nov. 26            FIU at Old Dominion                                           3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT

Additionally, the Sept. 17 tilt at Florida in Gainesville at 6:30 p.m. CT will be broadcast live on ESPNU. All three of those North Texas games are available on WatchESPN.

Additional games and bowls will also be added to this schedule. A complete list of all televised and streamed football games may be found on ConferenceUSA.com

ABOUT CONFERENCE USA

Conference USA is an NCAA Division I athletic conference based in Irving, Texas, that services 14 institutions of higher education – Charlotte, FIU, Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, Old Dominion, Rice, Southern Miss, UAB, UTEP, UTSA and WKU. Now in its third decade, Conference USA has adapted to the ever-changing landscape of collegiate athletics with an unwavering commitment to excellence, integrity and leadership in competition, academics and community.

ABOUT ESPN3

ESPN3 is ESPN’s live multiscreen sports network, a destination that delivers thousands of exclusive sports events annually. It is accessible on computers, smartphones, tablets and connected devices through WatchESPN. The network is currently available nationwide at no additional cost to fans who receive their high-speed Internet connection or video subscription from an affiliated service provider. It is also available at no cost to U.S. college students and U.S.-based military personnel via computers, smartphones and tablets connected to on-campus educational and on-base military broadband and Wi-Fi networks.

12 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Sun

Belt.

BIG 12

ACC

SEC

Not sure what your complaint is about but every conference that is affiliated with ESPN has games broadcasted on ESPN3.  You can either continue to Bitch and Moan about everything or wake up to the fact that you live in the 21st CENTURY and games streamed over the internet is the future.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The above message brought to you by Summer's Eve.

Name calling is all you can do anymore. 

Kinda sad.

47 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

BIG 12

ACC

SEC

Not sure what your complaint is about but every conference that is affiliated with ESPN has games broadcasted on ESPN3.  You can either continue to Bitch and Moan about everything or wake up to the fact that you live in the 21st CENTURY and games streamed over the internet is the future.  

But they also have real live games on TV networks that matter. CUSA doesn't anymore.

Win and GTFO. 

As soon as possible.

Drowning conference.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

I've seen enough post-RV rants from him to figure out it wasn't RV: he'll always find something to complain about, and somehow equate that to him having high standards and the rest of us with lesser standards.

He sits right on the edge of what the mods can handle, getting away with subtle (and not-so subtle) insults and rising just enough emotion out of others to get responses.  This means he is impossible to block, because his content (27K+ posts!) is re-quoted everywhere else.

IMO far and away the highest level of troll this board has seen and will ever see.  Are the mods okay with another 10-15 years of the same?  Because I don't see him finding any reason to back down...ever.

Crap, I was OT.  My bad.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I've seen enough post-RV rants from him to figure out it wasn't RV: he'll always find something to complain about, and somehow equate that to him having high standards and the rest of us with lesser standards.

He sits right on the edge of what the mods can handle, getting away with subtle (and not-so subtle) insults and rising just enough emotion out of others to get responses.  This means he is impossible to block, because his content (27K+ posts!) is re-quoted everywhere else.

IMO far and away the highest level of troll this board has seen and will ever see.  It's against guidelines to question the moderators, so I'll just leave it at this: are you okay with another 10-15 years of the same?  Because I don't see him finding any reason to back down...ever.

Crap, I was OT.  My bad.

haters got to hate it seems....

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

haters got to hate it seems....

just to be sure....I was agreeing with you...not criticizing you

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

He's still a little uncomfortable with the forward pass, we're slowing talking him into 20th century therapy.  Give it time.

Considering I was one of the first ones on here to criticize Mac for not throwing the ball, especially on early downs, this is unintentional comedic Genius. Remember how y'all griped about me griping about this way back then? Of course not.

I was one of the first to want RV out and to point out how he continually lied to the fan base. I took great heat from many who say they eventually came around, although if they had their way, RV would still be leading UNT into oblivion. 

Being a trailblazer is tough work. Having to constantly remind people that UNT can be more than the laughing stock of Texas college football when these people seem perfectly fine with that fate is exhausting work.

Pointing out that we were going to have at least 2 season of only 5 home games and doing so in 2012 and having the same people who cry about my posts now say "trust the AD, they will fix it," and just refusing to acknowledge basic math was maddening. And those are the same people now saying there is no need to book a P5 at home. 

Grow the F up, UNT fan base. Your team plays FBS football. Start expecting at least what F'n Texas St expects from their program. 

And you people wonder how RV was allowed to stay here for 15 years? Take a long hard look in the mirror.

#mystruggle.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6