North Texas Boulevard Bridge Update

Harry

Once construction is complete, the newly widened bridge will have two through lanes in each direction, two designated turn lanes in each direction and a Texas U-turn lane on both ends of the bridge. A 15-foot-wide pedestrian walkway will be constructed on the west side of the new structure.

DRC_NORTH_TEXAS_BLVD_RENDERING_49760940

Read more:  http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20160331-demolition-of-the-north-texas-boulevard-bridge-pushed-up-to-april-29.ece

Harry, do you or others know the expected situation on September 3? I have conducted recon only as far north as Lake Dallas in recent months. The last time I was in Denton I remember that it was a major clusterf.

I have looked at the AD's parking map but that doesn't seem to account for the current mess.

• Upvote 1

I am going to ask @Christopher Walker to respond on this (if he can) as he probably has a better idea on the status on this project.  I do know a fair amount of people who park on that side and cross North Texas so I hope they have this sorted out.  It is certainly a bigger issue for the students.

Let me add -- that crosswalk for North Texas Blvd was EXTREMELY dangerous on game days.  The entire renovation was much needed and I am very happy to see it near completion.

Ah here it is: http://www.35express.org/30_day_outlook.php

Connectivity across the North Texas Boulevard bridge--one lane in each direction and a dedicated turn lane--is scheduled to be restored by mid-August. The east side of North Texas Boulevard will be completed at this time. The bridge is slated to fully reopen this fall.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Thanks for the link. As luck would have it, I have to travel each segment they mention in their update, unless I want to try the Tollway to 380 and attempt a rear entry.

I think I am going to make a practice run about the last weekend of August, just to scope it out.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I am going to ask @Christopher Walker to respond on this (if he can) as he probably has a better idea on the status on this project.  I do know a fair amount of people who park on that side and cross North Texas so I hope they have this sorted out.  It is certainly a bigger issue for the students.

Let me add -- that crosswalk for North Texas Blvd was EXTREMELY dangerous on game days.  The entire renovation was much needed and I am very happy to see it near completion.

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

Last time I checked the project update earlier this summer, it stated that the bridge would have a limited opening this fall, with a fully complete bridge in the winter or spring? Something around those lines.

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

@Aldo has it correct, this is the same information that has been relayed to the campus by the Administration.

Also notice all of that freshly cleared land at the bottom of the image. This is where the new DME power substation is going, I believe.

• Upvote 1

Google street view is kind of fun, with different images from before & during construction depending on where you are placed:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.2045242,-97.1535383,3a,75y,233.96h,67.62t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si1YGql_A7PMMLXE8lU92zA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

The most recent images are apparently from May.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, golfingomez said:

is the bridge that was there already gone? if so, how log ago did that happen?

April 29. 

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20160430-demolition-work.ece?ssimg=2746528

The center section of the bridge is complete and has a road surface on it now, but the outside section are still in progress.

This feeder road closure on Friday night is probably to let them lay some pavement to connect NTX Blvd to the bridge surface.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Like at least 2 years gone. 

Tells you how often I eat at McDonald's and how often I pass that intersection when in Denton.

1 hour ago, NT91 said:

Did they take the NTSU Flying Worm helmet lights with them?

From McDonalds 

I would love to have one of those.