ESPN3 C-USA 2016 schedule announced

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2016/8/18/...63036.aspx

C-USA And ESPN3 Collaborate For Live Content

August 18, 2016

IRVING, Texas – Conference USA and ESPN3 will provide fans with a large number of live events from the league across a number of sports. Included will be regular-season competition, as well as exclusive live content from Media Days and various championships.

Complete ESPN3 Release [PDF]

“Offering fans our content through ESPN’s streaming channels, as well as our own will definitely provide more exposure to our great programs,” Conference USA Commissioner Judy MacLeod said. “If our fans can’t be in our stadiums and arenas, we are excited to give them more opportunities to see their favorite teams compete regardless of where they may be when the events take place.”

Ten Conference USA regular-season football games will kick off the ESPN3 coverage, beginning on Saturday, Oct. 15. Additionally, ESPN3 will stream 10 men’s basketball and 10 women’s basketball games this winter and 10 baseball and 10 softball regular-season contests in the spring of 2017.

The following 10 Conference USA football games have been confirmed on ESPN3, with the winter and spring events to be announced at a later date:

DATE GAME TIME
Saturday, Oct. 15 WKU at Middle Tennessee 2:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. CT
Saturday, Oct. 22 Louisiana Tech at FIU 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT
Saturday, Oct. 29 Middle Tennessee at FIU 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT
Saturday, Nov. 5 UTSA at Middle Tennessee 2:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. CT
Florida Atlantic at Rice 3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT
Louisiana Tech at North Texas 5:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. CT
Saturday, Nov. 12 North Texas at WKU 3:30 p.m./2:30 p.m. CT
Saturday, Nov. 19 UTEP at Rice 12 p.m. ET/11 a.m. CT
Middle Tennessee at Charlotte 2 p.m. ET/1 p.m. CT
Saturday, Nov. 26 FIU at Old Dominion 3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT

View Full Article

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Travis said:

This must be the least games on TV since for us since we joined CUSA.  Sucks for me who is so far away. 

This is just the ESPN3 package.   There are other networks broadcasting other games.   Even in the watered-down 2016 version, being in C-USA, we've seen way more games on TV/online than ever before.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Travis said:

This must be the least games on TV since for us since we joined CUSA.  Sucks for me who is so far away. 

It is. 5 games not on TV this season.

2 seasons ago, every game was on TV, last season, only the Portland St game wasn't televised. Big time let down.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Except for the fact that all of those teams will bolt given the chance. Hardly a secure situation.

So? Everybody would bolt if given a chance--and will.

The point is that we are currently in a conference that is light years ahead of where we have ever been in 45 years. No matter how unstable things are, its still better than what we have had.

Realistically, the Big XII expanding is the only thing that changes anything in the near-term. And nobody knows if they are going to do that or not. The networks don't want expansion at all, making it clear that they don't want any G5 team moving up that they have to pay the conferences for, so they may increase the payout to the 10 teams in the Big XII to NOT expand. If they don't expand, nothing--as in nada--changes for anyone. The AAC stays the same. BYU stays the same. CUSA stays the same.

No matter what, the Big XII won't exist for one day longer than the GOR mandates the parties to stay together, as in about 8 years. When that happens, the folks in Austin, Norman, Lawrence, and probably Lubbock, Stillwater, and Morgantown will find Power Conference Homes, probably the Texoma 4 to the Pac, with KU to the B1G, and WVU to the ACC. The other four are probably moving down to the MWC. And when the MWC adds TCU, Baylor, KSU, and ISU, that will be the end of the line for the two conferences that will have teams in its membership that will still be considered FBS. The rest of us, including CUSA, SBC, and the MAC, will be resigned to being lowered down. And unless the AAC or MWC somehow thinks gaining another team in DFW will be worth duplicating their market positions that they will have with TCU and SMU, our place isn't higher up the totem pole. And if that is the case, I'd just assume be in a league that has the setup of CUSA West and SBC Western teams, which will cut down on travel costs and encourage more regional rivalries, which is what the MAC has always enjoyed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Travis said:

With TV + streaming (ie, Campus Insiders), I think as of today only games not available are Rice, UTEP, and UTSA.

12 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

So we had this many live games available to stream or watch on TV in the Belt? I dont remember that.

We had to stream games in the Belt.  This should be different with moving to CUSA.

Back to streaming games to my laptop at Buffalo Wild Wings.

• Upvote 1

I'd much rather see us with a comprehensive (meaning, like every game) schedule on ESPN3 than a random shotgun of network agreements. Just to "be on TV". I'd be willing to bet that ESPN3's ratings are way higher than BeIN Sports or Foosballing International 7 or wherever we'll be hanging out this season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

i'm all for streaming. Occasionally it is fun to gather at a place and have it on. We are a ways away from your average sports bar being able to navigate streaming. Lord knows they have enough trouble with their directv. 

Yes, the only ones celebrating that all their games are streaming are low end P5s. Like we used to do on the Belt.

A streaming option is fine, as long as it's an option and you can still see games on a recognizable sports network. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Yes, the only ones celebrating that all their games are streaming are low end P5s. Like we used to do on the Belt.

A streaming option is fine, as long as it's an option and you can still see games on a recognizable sports network. 

Well, it's not reality right now. Our current situation is to take what the TV money dictates bc it's a part of the given formula of CFB negotiations, P5 to G5. When more and more decide to cut the cord, these TV networks will then have minimal pull as to comparison to right now and years past. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, southsideguy said:

hard to get excited about espn3

Agreed. I hate espn3. It's bush-league.

North Texas is getting Beyond the Green back on Fox Sports Southwest, but C-USA couldn't talk them into a media deal? The presidents need to get together and fire MacLeod. This conference is in trouble, and better leadership.