UNT hires Dan O'Dowd as assistant

Brett Vito

2 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

Brett...tried to send you a PM....wouldn't let me...but it is not Thompson that will try to help turn UNT around but our new ass't O'Dowd.  Might want to check that blog entry.  

Why no PM's?  Your box full?  Wanted to just send you the note.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

45 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Brett...tried to send you a PM....wouldn't let me...but it is not Thompson that will try to help turn UNT around but our new ass't O'Dowd.  Might want to check that blog entry.  

Why no PM's?  Your box full?  Wanted to just send you the note.

My guess is he prefers to keep dialogue via DRC, and not anywhere here.

bvito@dentonrc.com

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, greenminer said:

My guess is he prefers to keep dialogue via DRC, and not anywhere here.

bvito@dentonrc.com

Tried that first...the blog entry said "closed".  Thanks for the email.  Appreciate it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Welcome to NT.  

I believe this team has a better than even chance to be good this year.   I think this would actually disappoint many who want Benford to fail more than they do for the team to be successful.   

benford has the talent on the team to win but not sure he can coach the talent.  I thought he was a good hire but after watching him the past three seasons I have not seen real improvement.  We have an easier schedule for him so maybe that will help. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Welcome to NT.  

I believe this team has a better than even chance to be good this year.   I think this would actually disappoint many who want Benford to fail more than they do for the team to be successful.   

Your comment is true and sad. The Mean Green winning should be our focus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Welcome to NT.  

Benford is an anchor, the sooner he is gone the better. We will probably get season tickets again this year since there's a new AD and the hope that accompanies him. I was a very solid 'no' for this season if Benford and RV were back. Our tickets aren't meant as support for our losing coach, but for his new boss and our favorite players.

2 hours ago, djohnnie said:

Your comment is true and sad. The Mean Green winning should be our focus.

Real program building and sustainable winning can't occur with Benford at the wheel. After four years it should be obvious to anyone not related to Benford...

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Welcome to NT.  

Bulsh. We just know that Benford could have the most talent in CUSA and coach it to a .500 or less record. 

But of what you said were true, it would be the fault of UNT administrators and big donors who refused to admit and correct an obvious problem.

Tony Benford hasn't earned the right to coach the talent assembled. He was given it for being a "good guy." He is he last remnant of a hopefully changed mindset. And he will fail, unfortunately.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

On August 20, 2016 at 4:16 PM, TreeFiddy said:

Is this year's schedule really any easier?  At first glance the OOC seems harder than last year but I have not looked inside the numbers. 

All I know is we have 9 home games and three away games. That right there excites me. Football can go 50/50 OCS but basketball can go 75% home games. That should help the team regardless of who they play. 

They also only leave the state once in out of conference play. Easy 11 games to see for fans at Tech and Sam Houston State. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3