UNT Green Brigade ready for the season

Harry

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

I love to watch the half time show.....Marching bands are as much as college and HS football, as it the football game itself!!!  When we weren't getting yelled at during halftime games in HS, I would step out of the locker rooms and watch the bands.  Fortunately, we were usually ahead at half time, so not a lot of yelling....but it was the 80's, so it was expected

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 8/17/2016 at 3:10 PM, Christopher Walker said:

[bracing for @SilverEagle] ?

Nothing to "brace" for Chris. After all, I'm sure the band (part of one of the most respected music schools in the nation) is busy working on their killer-crowd-pumping entrance for this season. 

You know, something like this?.....

Or even something a bit more subdued like this....

After all, we are the best school of music in Texas, and I'm JUST SURE they are going to get busy with an entrance/show that is putting their (and the University's) best foot forward.  And living up to their motto...The Show Window of University Spirit and Pride.

I'm just sure of it!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Nothing to "brace" for Chris. After all, I'm sure the band (part of one of the most respected music schools in the nation) is busy working on their killer-crowd-pumping entrance for this season. 

After all, we are the best school of music in Texas, and I'm JUST SURE they are going to get busy with an entrance/show that is putting their (and the University's) best foot forward.  And living up to their motto...The Show Window of University Spirit and Pride.

I'm just sure of it!

Awww, Bless Their Hearts.

If you mean musicianship...it is hard to beat the Green Brigade. If you want to pump up the crowd and get them into the game before kickoff, it is hard to beat this one:

You can have BOTH! In my opinion, the band's entrance is to pump up the crowd, invoke tradition and pride in one's alma mater, and set the stage for the team to come out breathing fire and ready to kick some ass. The time to show off the musicianship is during the halftime show. Again, JMO.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I'm just sure of it!

Eh. ?

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

If you mean musicianship...it is hard to beat the Green Brigade. If you want to pump up the crowd and get them into the game before kickoff, it is hard to beat this one:

You can have BOTH! In my opinion, the band's entrance is to pump up the crowd, invoke tradition and pride in one's alma mater, and set the stage for the team to come out breathing fire and ready to kick some ass. The time to show off the musicianship is during the halftime show. Again, JMO.

Well, how about that! Someone who "get's it". Well said. 

BTW, after watching this video, I saw the ideal way for the Green Brigade to wear/display our new tartan pattern. The ND's Band off the shoulder sash(?) looks really sharp. 

Here is a college pre-game show that North Texas fans will be seeing if they travel to Florida for our third game.

Still my favorite pre-game entrance of all time.........

A$M fancies themselves as being a disciplined and precision marching band.  

THIS is precision and discipline.............and high energy without the dancing and prancing of other bands.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

Just an FYI, new uniforms for a band our size are upwards of $300k. Its comparable to football uniform investments.

That doesn't surprise me. But it's good to know. Especially if I win the next big mega-millions lottery and I make the offer to buy their next set of uni's. 

BTW, do the band members buy their warm weather (polo's/ khaki shorts/cap) uni's?

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

That doesn't surprise me. But it's good to know. Especially if I win the next big mega-millions lottery and I make the offer to buy their next set of uni's. 

BTW, do the band members buy their warm weather (polo's/ khaki shorts/cap) uni's?

I think so, maybe, based on the "Member Online Store" site:  http://shopgreenbrigade.com/