Kaydon Kirby

Big E

I was very sorry to hear of Kaydon's dad passing away this past year and completely understood his stepping away to be with his family.  However, I really expected him to make a return to the team this fall.  Especially with the need for experienced offensive lineman and the fact that he has pro potential (if he was interested in pursuing a pro career).  And after having some time to spend with his family, it seemed to make sense, at least to me, that getting back on the field with his team could help him heal and honor his dad's legacy.  I don't know Kaydon or his family, so there may be other factors in this situation, but I just thought for sure (and really hoped) he would decide to come back.  Regardless, I pray he can find peace and comfort as he and his family move forward.  Anyone have any additional insight about this?

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Big E said:

I was very sorry to hear of Kaydon's dad passing away this past year and completely understood his stepping away to be with his family.  However, I really expected him to make a return to the team this fall.  Especially with the need for experienced offensive lineman and the fact that he has pro potential (if he was interested in pursuing a pro career).  And after having some time to spend with his family, it seemed to make sense, at least to me, that getting back on the field with his team could help him heal and honor his dad's legacy.  I don't know Kaydon or his family, so there may be other factors in this situation, but I just thought for sure (and really hoped) he would decide to come back.  Regardless, I pray he can find peace and comfort as he and his family move forward.  Anyone have any additional insight about this?

From his twitter he is currently teaching world geography and coaching wrestling at Arlington Lamar High School.

http://lamarwrestling.weebly.com/coaches.html

Edited by NTAlum09
  • Upvote 2

Just now, NTAlum09 said:

Still got a scholarship eventually

Right, but I'm pointing out that it's not like after high school he chose football over wrestling because he had a scholarship on the table. Either way your point is still possible, but I'd imagine he'll be coaching football there at some point. Not a lot of high school coaches have that much division 1 football experience.

53 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Right, but I'm pointing out that it's not like after high school he chose football over wrestling because he had a scholarship on the table. Either way your point is still possible, but I'd imagine he'll be coaching football there at some point. Not a lot of high school coaches have that much division 1 football experience.

According to his profile here:

He coaches Freshman football.  

" He will be teaching World Geography while coaching both freshman football and wrestling. "

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

According to his profile here:

He coaches Freshman football.  

" He will be teaching World Geography while coaching both freshman football and wrestling. "

Yep, starting at the bottom and working his way up.

Craphole could learn a thing or 5 from him. 

And Martin is a really strong program says Mr. Obvious man.

I know people don't like to hear or admit it, but the academic portion of MCarney's stay here was very successful.  Good to see this kid graduating on time and getting a career going.

Selfishly, it would have been nice to have him back for one more year.  But, you have to admire his character in sticking with academics and helping his family.  Can't imagine having a dying dad at home while trying to keep up with the requirements of school and football. 

Prayers up for this awesome kid and his family.  Glad he was one of ours.

NOTE:  Sorry, I made a mistake about Kaydon - he didn't graduate on time with all he had to deal with:  he graduated early!

• Upvote 1