Army QB Bradshaw out

Aldo

Saw a tweet from Phil Steele. Bradshaw had the most experience out of the bunch, with Carter playing (starting?) 2 games last year.

Currently Carter is out with a hammy injury.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20160816/SPORTS/160819551

Junior quarterback Ahmad Bradshaw led Army’s first-team offense in a preseason scrimmage on Saturday. Bradshaw's play had positioned him to be Army’s opening-day starter for the second straight season. Afterward, he talked about the unit's progress.

Just a few days later, Bradshaw, who made seven starts last season, has left the football team and is leaving West Point.

ETA: So sophomore Carter and 4 freshman QBs. Their inexperience may bode well for us against the run option.

Edited by Aldo

The news comes after West Point held its Affirmation Ceremony on Sunday before the start of the academic year. Juniors take the oath to complete their final two years at West Point and the ensuing commitment to serve five years of active duty following graduation.

So I am guessing he didn't take the oath?  Because once a cadet does they are in the Army and you owe them 5 years AS and 3 years IRR.

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

So I am guessing he didn't take the oath?  Because once a cadet does they are in the Army and you owe them 5 years AS and 3 years IRR.

Not sure.

But it'll be a fun game to watch. Hopefully our run D is in form by then. McClain and Gray may get a lot of tackles.

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 1

We don't want McClain and Gray to get a bunch of tackles, we want the LBs to the the majority of the tackles.  If McClain and Gray are making a bunch of tackles, the front six is being blown up.

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Because of the scheme, this is a game I expect Finney to really shine.

This

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

We don't want McClain and Gray to get a bunch of tackles, we want the LBs to the the majority of the tackles.  If McClain and Gray are making a bunch of tackles, the front six is being blown up.

This

I say that bc of their offense. Last year, Army averaged 9 pass attempts per game and 51 or 53 rushes per game.

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

If you leave after taking the oath, you'll probably end up enlisting. That's really your only option unless you wanna get sued for the entire cost-of-living and training you received while at a service academy. Yes, the DoD is doing that for real. Although you technically owe them like 10 or 12 years if you enlist out of a service academy, they're usually letting guys off after 4 or 5. I guess even the military realizes it's not in the unit's best interest to keep someone around who doesn't want to be there.

7 hours ago, Aldo said:

Not sure.

But it'll be a fun game to watch. Hopefully our run D is in form by then. McClain and Gray may get a lot of tackles.

Depends- at least USNA dudes, if you transfer out before your junior year there is no service obligation but could be some financial recoupment. 

On 8/17/2016 at 4:18 PM, greenjoe said:

I have some friends whose son went to a service academy.  He was caught drinking at a bar or restaurant under age and booted out of the academy and they were forced to repay the cost of his education to that point. 

Painful for the parents, but good overall for the Academy. And, hopefully, others know of what happened and don't screw up. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Painful for the parents, but good overall for the Academy. And, hopefully, others know of what happened and don't screw up. 

Actually, the dismissed cadet owes the money, not his/her parents.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2016 at 1:23 PM, wardly said:

FYI,John Nitardy is putting together a road trip for fans to the Army game. He will release details as soon as everything is finalized. Basically, up Friday am,game Saturday at 11:00 am,home Saturday night.

To be a fly on the wall of that airplane.