Demonte Hood

Travis

24 minutes ago, Travis said:

He is a grad transfer with two years to play? Wow he was on the fast track. 

I played against him in high school. Just saw he was on the roster and was about to make a thread on him. This is his 5th year out of high school (graduated in 2012), so maybe he had a medical redshirt or something along the way. I never found out what happened to him and his college career, but good to see this turn of events.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

What did you think of him then?

He was a freak. He was had the most raw strength of any defensive lineman I played my senior year as a center, and we played schools like Allen and Trinity. He also was very athletic, and would chase down ball carriers who broke into the open field as hard as any defensive tackle I saw in high school.

His problem was he wasn't great with his hands and didn't have good technique. Very possibly could've been his downfall at K-State, where you need to be a good technician playing at college and BIG XII level, especially at 6' even. Should be a good fit here. Too bad it's only a year, but at least it could be a nice stop gap for English.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

He was a freak. He was had the most raw strength of any defensive lineman I played my senior year as a center, and we played schools like Allen and Trinity. He also was very athletic, and would chase down ball carriers who broke into the open field as hard as any defensive tackle I saw in high school.

His problem was he wasn't great with his hands and didn't have good technique. Very possibly could've been his downfall at K-State, where you need to be a good technician playing at college and BIG XII level, especially at 6' even. Should be a good fit here. Too bad it's only a year, but at least it could be a nice stop gap for English.

That's all I need to hear. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Thanks for the good analysis.  It sounds like that last sentence summarizes it perfectly.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

He didnt suit out today?  I think I saw him and he is a big guy not sure of his speed through.

Don't they have the rule about non padded days before padded days? I could be wrong. 

• Upvote 1