Mean Green FB social media numbers

Tyler Maryak

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

Also, he's in marketing. He should know of and be using the much more extensive brand and ad diagnostics manager in Facebook rather than just Pages stats.

It's like he doesn't even realize how he has outed himself.

But these aren't ads. They are just posts. 

• Upvote 1

On August 11, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Travis said:

But these aren't ads. They are just posts. 

It's Brand and Ad diagnostics. It's essentially the much more comprehensive version of what he posted, and is a hell of a lot more reliable.

Edit: additionally, all of his posts should have an ad-spend on them. And if not, then it's not worth posting.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2

On August 11, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Tyler Maryak said:

Hahahaha!!! Shameless self-promotion before the new chief arrives.

But also kind of a bad idea for cynics like me. Kinda says, "man, these numbers used to be garbage whike that moron ME was in charge of social media..."

Is this the first post EVER with SM in the title? That is a hell of an improvement!!! GMG 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Context is everything:

I think it is safe to say there is more interest in the program. Whether that translates into sales of t-shirts, coffee mugs, and people attending games is the next real measurement of improvement in my book.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Proper context is everything.  How do these numbers stack up vs schools like UTEP/RICE/LaTech/ArkSt/etc?

That kind of information is proprietary in many cases. WMT doesn't share much of its sales data with its competitors so why would other athletic departments share their social media numbers with us?

18 hours ago, djohnnie said:

I don't know much about Marketing, but I have seen our brand in places I have never seen it before. I am glad we seem

to be on an upswing in Marketing ourselves. I think the trend will continue to grow with time. It must continue to do so.

GMG

Cant congratulate for what is to be expected for a large university and a division 1 football school. I guess im frustrated that there are over 100,000 alumni.. barely any product out in dfw to the point that someone has to post that they found unt merch in plano. Hell, we cant even buy an authentic jersey from Nike until the garage sell at the following spring game. 

Edited by UNTeagle88

11 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Still doesn't tell us if there was a big spike last August or not.  

I don't think it matters.  Mac's social media involved writing on a Big Chief tablet and taping it to the window of his office for all to see.

• Upvote 1