2016 UNT FB Player Adoption Thread

MeanGreenTexan

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

adoption thread rules question:

will any and all previous and subsequent TheFakeLonnieFinch internet-caricatures maintain their adoption rights on Malik Dilonga? or once this particular incarnation is banned, does Dilonga become an orphan again? will his next nom-de-ordinateur just be allowed to adopt another player...knowing full well he too will likely become an orphan as well?

I think we might need a GMG-CPS officer to intercede here. 

It doesn't matter since Malik is my player from the past 2 years, so according to the adoption thread rules, I have him again. Sorry @MeanGreenMailbox.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, forevereagle said:

It doesn't matter since Malik is my player from the past 2 years, so according to the adoption thread rules, I have him again. Sorry @MeanGreenMailbox.

very happy to know someone is there to take for young Malik. I've read a lot of statistics on here about the effects of father-less homes, so I didn't want some absentee poster to put any of the MG community in such a position. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's that time of the year again.  Fall practice has begun.   All players have reported (well, almost all...), and are getting ready for the season.

For those of you unfamiliar with the player adoption tradition, here on GoMeanGreen.com, any poster who wants to participate will 'adopt' a player on the roster to follow throughout the year.   Only one player per poster, and one poster per player.  We don't do co-parenting.  So pick your guy quick!
If your boy has a nice game, come on the board, give us the stats/plays, and let us know how proud you are.  
If he has a bad game, you'll have to defend him against the guys ripping him on here.

Here's the roster:
Roster

The only rule?
Underclassmen who were 'adopted' last year still belong to the same poster, unless they are abandoned.  
To give everyone plenty of time to see this year's thread and grab their guys, we'll set the 'claim by' date at 8/31.
Once 8/31 rolls around and the previously-adopted player still isn't claimed, he's all yours. 
For example: If  @Side Show Joe does not claim super RB Jeff Wilson before midnight on 8/31, He's up for grabs.  Otherwise, he's off-limits for you new guys.

Hopefully we have a better turnout with the excitement coach Littrell brings.  Last year was kinda pathetic.

Here's last year's thread to see who is already adopted:

2015 Player Adoption Thread

So without further ado...  since I already have a friendly board wager surrounding him, I'll kick this thing off by adopting:

Rico Bussey Jr.
12017540.jpeg

Mr. Bussey is going to be a contributor this year, and hopefully by the end of the season put some nice games/numbers together.  
I'm going to fearlessly predict a line of:  35 catches / 310 yds / 4 TDs.

Y'all need to get ready for Rico Suave.

giphy.gif

I'll stick with....

16_348_JeffreyWilson41E_copy1.jpg

Jeffrey Wilson. I believe he is the best running back in C-USA, and I look forward to seeing what he can do in Littrell's offense.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

I'll stick with....

16_348_JeffreyWilson41E_copy1.jpg

Jeffrey Wilson. I believe he is the best running back in C-USA, and I look forward to seeing what he can do in Littrell's offense.

I think he will be similar to Tevin Coleman at Indiana.  Backs who can do it all like Wilson are elite talents.  How we landed this kid I will never know, but we need to be praising Tommy Perry as he found this kid!  Also, I believe he is the best back in CUSA (needs to prove it by staying healthy all year) 

Give me Dakota Michaels.  Cool name and a home town boy (for me, anyway).   Logged playing time at quarterback, wide receiver, and free safety while at Lovejoy High School.  Don't know if he'll see playing time this year or not, but I'm reserving him now. 

IMG_1549-900x600.jpg

Trivia note: While at Lovejoy, Dakota played under Head Coach Todd Ford, former UNT Offensive Coordinator.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

I think @cdizzle86 already called dibs.

Shot man, my bad @cdizzle86. I scroll and look by pictures, so this can get confusing. I'll rescind and decide who to adopt later. 

ETA: Yeah, I see now that he did the same thing as me, three times. Like I said, hard to keep up if there isn't a picture. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Shot man, my bad @cdizzle86. I scroll and look by pictures, so this can get confusing. I'll rescind and decide who to adopt later. 

ETA: Yeah, I see now that he did the same thing as me, three times. Like I said, hard to keep up if there isn't a picture. 

Yea i had a really hard time with it. haha

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Bump.

Y'all.  2 pages is pathetic.  Let's get these guys adopted to loving parents.   Without strong father figures like you, how will they ever make it in this cruel world?

In fairness, the participation in this activity once the season starts has been pretty weak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Harry pinned this topic
  • Harry unpinned this topic
  • 10 months later...