Locker Rooms

Side Show Joe

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

So much this. We don't have the pull that Alabama has. That was such a horrible rebuttal. We have to dazzle recruits and get them intrigued while they are visiting. We don't have a trophy case for them to be impressed by. In the P5, Oregon has took to dazzling recruits with any means necessary and it has worked out well for them. 

I think you got distracted by the pic and didn't read my adjoining post, especially the part where I said "Well, maybe not."  As long as you are judging my rebuttal, you might read and note that we aren't that far off from each other.  I did post earlier in the thread about pulling out the ceiling, changing the lighting, and painting the walls, ceiling, and ducts black. 

2 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I think you got distracted by the pic and didn't read my adjoining post, especially the part where I said "Well, maybe not."  As long as you are judging my rebuttal, you might read and note that we aren't that far off from each other.  I did post earlier in the thread about pulling out the ceiling, changing the lighting, and painting the walls, ceiling, and ducts black. 

I wasn't judging you or your post at all. I just didn't want people to read this thread and say to themselves, "well at least ours is almost kind of as good as Bama's." It promotes satisfaction of mediocrity by having other people even accidentally thinking that. We can't settle for this. High schools have better, seriously. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I wasn't judging you or your post at all. I just didn't want people to read this thread and say to themselves, "well at least ours is almost kind of as good as Bama's." It promotes satisfaction of mediocrity by having other people even accidentally thinking that. We can't settle for this. High schools have better, seriously. 

Agreed.   That pic I posted was from 3+ years ago.   I believe Alabama has remodeled their locker rooms since then.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Main argument here is that Nick Saban can slap down his championship rings to a 5 star recruit and that recruit will say "to hell with the locker rooms, I'm gonna get me one of these'

North Texas meanwhile is battling with Southern Miss for a 3 star guy and that recruit could say "well i like both schools, but Southern Miss knows whats up with that locker room" and boom, committed to USM.

How many recruits have sited locker rooms as the deciding factor in choosing a school?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Meh.   Give me this:

087119183f264c0e7664975da4177474.jpg

Well, maybe not.  I'd rather impress recruits with function over fashion.   You can make it look cool, but not distracting.  Don't give players dark corners to disappear into when the coach is trying to call them out. Maybe some of the Southern Miss pics were taken with accent lighting on but primary lights off.   Need to light that place up when coach is trying to light up players. 

Another view.

Crimson-Tide.jpg

And some other schools you may be familiar with.

Longhorns.jpg

mainheadimage_3.jpg

locker3-610x396.jpg

oklahoma-state-locker-room1.jpg

23 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Agreed.   That pic I posted was from 3+ years ago.   I believe Alabama has remodeled their locker rooms since then.  

Dang, I missed that, you're right.

alabama-locker-room-11.jpg

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

How many recruits have sited locker rooms as the deciding factor in choosing a school?

No 1 recruit commits somewhere for 1 reason. It's a cumulative effect. Locker rooms, relationships, stadium, staff, general recruiting momentum, academics, campus environment,  game day environment, etc. It all adds up. We can't just assume that locker rooms don't mean anything. It's safer to assume they matter, because truth is they do matter only if a little bit. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

why don't we see what the final iteration of the locker rooms will look like before we burn down the building and demand that WB get fired......

Agreed.  If you step in closer to the lockers themselves to take the Alabama, Texas, and OSU locker room pics above, they look pretty much just like the pick of the UNT locker room.   We need to see more views of what's been/being done.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree, but USM's all black looks like something out of the 70's disco, black lacquered era.  Make them nice with all the amenities, but not tasteless garbage like some of these.

It looks more like a strip club. That's all the rage right now. IMO, these locker room trends all look like strip clubs. Worse, they'll be outdated in 5 years.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

MTSU locker rooms.  This is who we are competing against right now for recruits.  Lets win big, and then update our locker room with the influx of money

http://www.goblueraiders.com/galleries/?gallery=804

Just bc MUTS' locker room is subpar doesn't mean ours need to be. And for.the record, conference foe or not, we aren't really competing with each other for recruits. We rarely cross paths on the recruiting trail actually. We are competing with smug, Tx st, nutsack, utep, Tulane, Tulsa etc. for recruits. Post their locker rooms. 

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

For crying out loud, what is it with UNT and that carpet?  They have the same crap all over Discovery Park and it sounds like they massively overpaid for it.  Which Board member sells it?

Bingo. He may or may not be a relatively big donor I believe. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1