Locker Rooms

Side Show Joe

4 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

why don't we see what the final iteration of the locker rooms will look like before we burn down the building and demand that WB get fired......

Considering WB had zero input into this decision, no one is holding him accountable. But don't let that stop you...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

MTSU locker rooms.  This is who we are competing against right now for recruits.  Lets win big, and then update our locker room with the influx of money

http://www.goblueraiders.com/galleries/?gallery=804

Oregon's gong to be pissed- Win the Day is kinda their thing.  

5 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

It looks more like a strip club. That's all the rage right now. IMO, these locker room trends all look like strip clubs. Worse, they'll be outdated in 5 years.

Exactly! And the upholstery will be sagging and stained.

200.gif

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

So we should make our locker room look like a strip club that'll be outdated quicker than Grapevine Mills was?

K

If it's outdated in 5 years then so be it. We need to be in the times during that 5 year window. That is a lot of missed potential recruits if not. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

The point is that our locker room probably looks on par with UTSA, and our peers sans the strip club one at USM. 

We should wait for more pictures other than a shitty screenshot, IMO.

Good enough is just fine, says the former Rick Villarreal employee...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 10

24 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

It's so funny that you continually insult my internship at the AD. Where I got a job at to change and make a difference. More than you've ever done for UNT in your lifetime, chump.

Tell me again how great the AD was. I'm all ears.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 14

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

If it's outdated in 5 years then so be it. We need to be in the times during that 5 year window. That is a lot of missed potential recruits if not. 

Look, I'm not saying it shouldn't be a modern state of the art facility. It without a doubt should be.

What we saw in that picture shows nothing other than it doesn't look like the USM strip club.

Carpet and drop tile ceiling doesn't say much.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

We need to know what needs to be improved.  We need to know the fund earmarked for these improvements are being directed appropriately.  There are Plenty of successful UNT alums who just need to see administration support and on the field success to step up.  

On 8/26/2016 at 11:17 AM, MGNation92 said:

Main argument here is that Nick Saban can slap down his championship rings to a 5 star recruit and that recruit will say "to hell with the locker rooms, I'm gonna get me one of these'

North Texas meanwhile is battling with Southern Miss for a 3 star guy and that recruit could say "well i like both schools, but Southern Miss knows whats up with that locker room" and boom, committed to USM.

With the stadium being newish how can the locker rooms be so unimpressive? I get the Alabama argument, however step one: be Alabama. We aren't. MGNation hit the nail on the head. We need to impress with what we can control. We can't control the shabby play, but we can have a nice locker room!

Transparency is pivotal in trying to rapidly improve the program.  If we, as donors (big or small) know what needs to be fixed, we can then mobilize and make a concerted effort to ensure that appropriate, responsive shortfalls are administered appropriately.  This is really where RV running his secretive program, only letting 17 people know about what was REALLY happening, was a huge failure.  We were left in the dark. Look to historical examples on GMG.com not a year ago. A minuscule few came up with enough scratch in a matter of 10 days (90 correct me if I'm wrong) for a widely contentious banner.  If the full support of (as far as I know) the largest collection of supporters can be united, which I'm sure the funds required for a vastly improved locker room would receive universal support, we can knock this out in very, very short order.  

Perhaps someone with one of the tweeter accounts can reach out to WB and see what the deal is.  Let him know we're ready to help, if he crosses the bridge and tells us with what he needs help. 

Edited by Silent Eagle
Flow/Clarity
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

Transparency is pivotal in trying to rapidly improve the program.  If we, as donors (big or small) know what needs to be fixed, we can then mobilize and make a concerted effort to ensure that appropriate, responsive shortfalls are administered appropriately.  This is really where RV running his secretive program, only letting 17 people know about what was REALLY happening, was a huge failure.  We were left in the dark. Look to historical examples on GMG.com not a year ago. A minuscule few came up with enough scratch in a matter of 10 days (90 correct me if I'm wrong) for a widely contentious banner.  If the full support of (as far as I know) the largest collection of supporters can be united, which I'm sure the funds required for a vastly improved locker room would receive universal support, we can knock this out in very, very short order.  

Perhaps someone with one of the tweeter accounts can reach out to WB and see what the deal is.  Let him know we're ready to help, if he crosses the bridge and tells us with what he needs help. 

I think you've got a wonderful point. Wren is VERY active on social media.  

8 hours ago, GM1998 said:

With the stadium being newish how can the locker rooms be so unimpressive? I get the Alabama argument, however step one: be Alabama. We aren't. MGNation hit the nail on the head. We need to impress with what we can control. We can't control the shabby play, but we can have a nice locker room!

The Athletic Center and locker room was built many years before Apogee.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

Excellent post, although I don't think 17 big donors were not told very much more than regular donors. I think they were lied to about a lot of things, just like the rest of us. 

Hopefully a new day is underway and changes are being made as we speak. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 4

On August 25, 2016 at 10:47 PM, MeanGreenDan said:

That's embarrassing :-(

agree....we have one of the best colors in college football....GREEN....yet we decided to showcase Scandinavian laminate maple? 

Somehow....we have managed to make our "new" Maple 2.1 locker room look worse than our old Maple 2.0 locker room... 

There is nothing cool or special about this locker room. 

It's like we mutated an IKEA bedroom with a CareNow clinic....#thanksourv...money well spent....the student athletes will really dig it! 

• Upvote 3

I'm still holding out hope that this is just a deceptive view of the locker room in order to not spoil the big reveal when complete.  This...

IMG_0229.jpg

...might not be showing the rest of the story.  For example:

large.Longhorns.jpg.300b28609fb976d9cfb3     vs    Longhorns.jpg

large.oklahoma-state-locker-room1.jpg.ff     vs     oklahoma-state-locker-room1.jpg

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 5