Locker Rooms

Side Show Joe

I don't wanna jump the gun here, but if this is an accurate picture of the locker room, why spend the money? the stripped down pictures from construction made it look like a major overhaul but this looks the same as always... even the lockers look the same with the SOW on the bottom. Why would you buy all new lockers that are exactly the same... coulda just cleaned up the old ones. I highly down there will be a prominent SOW located in the roof or floor judging by the fact that they are on each individual ocker. If that is in the works, then we are poor and of bad taste. I hope this is a prank someone is playing where they just use an old picture and photo shop the SOW on the bottom of the lockers... GEEZ!

the carpet is definitely different though... bummer. 

Edited by MeanGreen13
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

with the locker room on the bottom floor are sure we could even attempt to raise the ceiling?

Just from looking at the pic, that appears to be a drop ceiling with old fluorescent lights. 

But I am far far far from being a contractor. 

Anyone? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This has Rick Villareal tied to it somehow. Someone said they won't name names, I will. This is his departing present to us all. We can all thank him for his "hard" work. This is a bigger disappointment then those god awful uniforms. We at least know uniforms will be changed every couple years. We have no idea how much longer we are going to be forced to show new recruits on visits our Jr High locker room. Step you freaking game up, UNT. 

• Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

This has Rick Villareal tied to it somehow. Someone said they won't name names, I will. This is his departing present to us all. We can all thank him for his "hard" work. This is a bigger disappointment then those god awful uniforms. We at least know uniforms will be changed every couple years. We have no idea how much longer we are going to be forced to show new recruits on visits our Jr High locker room. Step you freaking game up, UNT. 

Look on the bright side. The Rick Villarreal Golden Eagle locker rooms at USM are stunning.

Did you forget how much he donated yearly to a conference opponent's program?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, but when it comes time for the coach to be getting players' heads right with ball or chewing their asses for a lousy first half performance, I want him doing it in a place closer to what we have rather than in a place that looks like a DJ is about to drop something with a kickin' bass thump to it.   Having a pimped out dance club locker room may help slightly with recruiting, but after that it's just a distraction. 

Oh, and I'd like to see us get back to the Fry pink visitor locker rooms. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
Added Coach Fry good ol' days comment.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Sorry, but when it comes time for the coach to be getting players' heads right with ball or chewing their asses for a lousy first half performance, I want him doing it in a place closer to what we have rather than in a place that looks like a DJ is about to drop something with a kickin' bass thump to it.   Having a pimped out dance club locker room may help slightly with recruiting, but after that it's just a distraction. 

We need every once of help we can get in recruiting. We will continue to get our teeth kicked in with an "upgrade" like this. 

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

About $35k a year, as I recall.

Compared to his $5k MGC donation.

This is so infuriating. That is why having personnel within the AD that are conference mates is just bad for business, particularly the freaking athletic director. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Meh.   Give me this:

087119183f264c0e7664975da4177474.jpg

Well, maybe not.  I'd rather impress recruits with function over fashion.   You can make it look cool, but not distracting.  Don't give players dark corners to disappear into when the coach is trying to call them out. Maybe some of the Southern Miss pics were taken with accent lighting on but primary lights off.   Need to light that place up when coach is trying to light up players. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Meh.   Give me this:

Well, maybe not.  I'd rather impress recruits with function over fashion.   You can make it look cool, but not distracting.  Don't give players dark corners to disappear into when the coach is trying to call them out. Maybe some of the Southern Miss pics were taken with accent lighting on but primary lights off.   Need to light that place up when coach is trying to light up players. 

Roll Tide!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

11 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Meh.   Give me this:

Main argument here is that Nick Saban can slap down his championship rings to a 5 star recruit and that recruit will say "to hell with the locker rooms, I'm gonna get me one of these'

North Texas meanwhile is battling with Southern Miss for a 3 star guy and that recruit could say "well i like both schools, but Southern Miss knows whats up with that locker room" and boom, committed to USM.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Main argument here is that Nick Saban can slap down his championship rings to a 5 star recruit and that recruit will say "to hell with the locker rooms, I'm gonna get me one of these'

North Texas meanwhile is battling with Southern Miss for a 3 star guy and that recruit could say "well i like both schools, but Southern Miss knows whats up with that locker room" and boom, committed to USM.

So much this. We don't have the pull that Alabama has. That was such a horrible rebuttal. We have to dazzle recruits and get them intrigued while they are visiting. We don't have a trophy case for them to be impressed by. In the P5, Oregon has took to dazzling recruits with any means necessary and it has worked out well for them. 

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

So much this. We don't have the pull that Alabama has. That was such a horrible rebuttal. We have to dazzle recruits and get them intrigued while they are visiting. We don't have a trophy case for them to be impressed by. In the P5, Oregon has took to dazzling recruits with any means necessary and it has worked out well for them. 

Alabama could have empty cardboard boxes as lockers and a piss wall as the restroom & they will still pull 5* guys because they have the best program in the NCAA.

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Alabama could have empty cardboard boxes as lockers and a piss wall as the restroom & they will still pull 5* guys because they have the best program in the NCAA.

I agree. Some here are saying, "but look at Bama, they don't need fancy stuff." Those some are right, Bama does not. We do. Nevertheless, go take the 3D tour of Bama's facilities, it's about as top tier as it gets.