MEAN GREEN signs

greenjoe

I think they look good.  And I appreciate the effort of whoever came up with the idea and then, by golly, got it done.  Why don't we all contact the Athletic Department Monday morning and congratulate them on. The signs and offer other locations.

Maybe it's a sign.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

It is the thought that counts! If they are flawless on the first attempt, there isn't room to improve.

That's what my momma taught me. Do you realize that after being flatlined forever, we seem to be getting a pulse? It could be that SOMEBODY lit a fire under one or more SOMEBODY's asses.

No, it's results that count.

signs, no signs, don't care.

But this isn't the cub scouts, this is major college athletics.

Trying doesn't matter, succeeding does. 

1 hour ago, GTWT said:

Damn it.  I hate to waste -1 votes on Ben that I need for '90.

Rah rah rah, sis boom bah. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Given that they could have screwed it up real bad, I think they are doing great with the signs. Hell, at least they didn't wait another three weeks to put them up!

Here is how it COULD have been:

• Upvote 1

It's not exactly what everyone wants, but it's certainly better than previous attempts of "home openers sell themselves, it's the fans fault, etc..."

what about TV? Has anyone seen any TV spots? I get it, the Wren hasn't really had time to truly put his mark on anything yet, but I would imagine anything is better than the either zero attempts from previous regime or the "Diamond Joe Quimby" ads we would have got from Hank (included for reference). 

"If you were playing, the Mean Green would come watch you"

23 minutes ago, Silent Eagle said:

It's not exactly what everyone wants, but it's certainly better than previous attempts of "home openers sell themselves, it's the fans fault, etc..."

what about TV? Has anyone seen any TV spots? I get it, the Wren hasn't really had time to truly put his mark on anything yet, but I would imagine anything is better than the either zero attempts from previous regime or the "Diamond Joe Quimby" ads we would have got from Hank (included for reference). 

"If you were playing, the Mean Green would come watch you"

You do realize that there were a lot of commercials under RV, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Engineer stakes and zip ties? I mean, I, uh...I guess it's better than nothing. I feel like some AD staffers were like, "Oh crap, our jobs are actually being evaluated. I'll go grab the old engineer stakes and zip ties. You grab some signs." 

It's probably a little bit more nuanced than lack of effort.

It's a patchwork (and cheap) solution to quickly make up for previous lack of effort while an actual campaign is being developed.

Any publicity is publicity that wasn't there before.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Well then you weren't paying attention. We've always done commercials, on a fairly large scale, made by a company who does commercials for pretty much every P5 school.

I don't doubt what you say. Placement and the resulting desired customer awareness is what apparently needs to be evaluated. Except for outdoor advertising, I don't have too many impressions that I can recall, save for the halftime TV spots. Or maybe it is just me and the media I listen to/watch.

26 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

The Wren doesn't start his new job until August 22.

You say the Wren doesn't start until August 22. Do you think he will bring along his old sidekick, Stimpy? What do you think he will make him 

responsible for in the Athletic Department?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, djohnnie said:

You say the Wren doesn't start until August 22. Do you think he will bring along his old sidekick, Stimpy? What do you think he will make him 

Well, based on recent performance I would guess Marketing, MGC membership, season ticket sales, customer service, sports information, and scheduling for starters. 

28 minutes ago, GTWT said:

It's college sports '90.  We're not trying to cure AIDS or defeat ISIS here.  It's okay to be disgustingly biased & unrealistically optimistic about our school.

Reality will help THIS school identify and solve problems, not some eighth grade cheerleader mentality. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

14 hours ago, djohnnie said:

11 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Well, based on recent performance I would guess Marketing, MGC membership, season ticket sales, customer service, sports information, and scheduling for starters. 

God I hope not, we should be done with idiots!

9 minutes ago, GTWT said:

I think you tend to confuse reality with negativity.

And I think you tend to confuse any alternate opinion with negativity.

But by all means, keep up the irrational rah rah rah, sis boom bah routine. Predict 9 wins this year. Claim that UNT will win the CUSA West. Ignore reality. 

Meanwhile I'll be looking for meaningful signs of improvement that can actually help turn this program around.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5