MEAN GREEN signs

greenjoe

I looked before posting this.  If this has been covered, I beg your pardon.

I saw people putting up Mean Green signs around town this morning (Sat).  They're green and about 4X4.  They look like political signs and I've seen them at the corner of Ft. Worth Drive @ Country Club Road and on W. Oak St just before Carroll Boulevard.  I went to the Athletic Depth. In the hopes of having one put up on some property I own.  There's another across from Apogee (Bonnie Brea).

Whoever came up with this did a fantastic job.  I hope to see them all over town.

I'd post a picture but I don't know how.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Engineer stakes and zip ties? I mean, I, uh...I guess it's better than nothing. I feel like some AD staffers were like, "Oh crap, our jobs are actually being evaluated. I'll go grab the old engineer stakes and zip ties. You grab some signs." 

Stop.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Kudos for the effort.  I also think we need some countdown signs around campus highlighting the coming week's game with start time and watching options with away games.  Plant the posts for the season and change out the game signs. GMG

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Engineer stakes and zip ties? I mean, I, uh...I guess it's better than nothing. I feel like some AD staffers were like, "Oh crap, our jobs are actually being evaluated. I'll go grab the old engineer stakes and zip ties. You grab some signs." 

It is the thought that counts! If they are flawless on the first attempt, there isn't room to improve.

That's what my momma taught me. Do you realize that after being flatlined forever, we seem to be getting a pulse? It could be that SOMEBODY lit a fire under one or more SOMEBODY's asses.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not to be too confrontational, but no. I'm going to point out last ditch efforts that are shoddy at best 100 out of 100 times. And if you don't want to read it when it comes across your delicate screen, then block me. Simple solution. 

Again, what would you prefer?  It is easy to complain, but difficult to suggest solutions.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not to be too confrontational, but no. I'm going to point out last ditch efforts that are shoddy at best 100 out of 100 times. And if you don't want to read it when it comes across your delicate screen, then block me. Simple solution. 

90 wanna be!!! "F" potential GMG 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I was hoping to read someone point out that SL was not wearing a suit when he hand delivered season tickets.

this has so much more potential. Keep up the good work, UNT90.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Through the past several decades, I imagine the locals have seen their fair share of signs promoting UNT football.  Disappointing year after disappointing year.  Just win and you won't need those damn signs.

We'll always need the signs.  Win and they'll welcome them, add more and people will comment how much the community supports us instead of complain about them.

• Upvote 2