We should listen to Gary Patterson

Harry

He speaks about investing in your program and playing out West:

The coach noted the renovations on Amon G. Carter Stadium were already underway. The $105 million improvements started after TCU beat San Diego State in 2010, the year the Frogs won the Rose Bowl and finished second in the final Associated Press poll.

That was still when TCU was in the Mountain West Conference. Patterson recalled getting home from West Coast conference games halfway through the morning and then practicing later that day.

He'd like to leave those late nights in the past.

"I would prefer not to have to get home at 6 o'clock in the morning like they used to do in the WAC [Western Athletic Conference] and the Mountain West," Patterson said.

read more:. http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/08/03/gary-patterson-expanding-big-12-conferences-job-make-university-better

13 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

If getting home late means better things for the UNT athletic program, I'm all for it.

UNT would be f'n crazy to pass up an opportunity to be a part of the MWC. 

I've been saying this for years. It doesn't really matter now--we aren't going out there for two reasons:

1. The MWC ain't inviting us anytime soon.

2. Our fans don't want to go there. They want to play in CUSA against regional teams. I think it's a gigantic mistake, but not much you can do but accept it. Same with how they accepted SMU as a premier home opponent at Apogee.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I've been saying this for years. It doesn't really matter now--we aren't going out there for two reasons:

2. Our fans don't want to go there. They want to play in CUSA against regional teams. I think it's a gigantic mistake, but not much you can do but accept it. Same with how they accepted SMU as a premier home opponent at Apogee.

Different athletic director.

Things have changed. If the backward RV lovers want to stay put, it isn't going to matter. 

I hope.

This isn't the same CUSA UNT joined, and UNT should be looking to better themselves as an athletic program, not to cowtow to donors who don't like west coast games. 

Hopefully these days are behind UNT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

1. Probably correct.

2.  The only way our fans will keep us out of a conference is by not supporting the team via attendance and donations.  The conferences don't poll the fans to see what they want.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure I care what conference we're in as long as we are winning, but it's a hard to sell with a single win last year. If we aren't dominating in CUSA then why would any other conference want us? I love the fact that we play teams that are geographically close to us. 

• Upvote 1

I think this all depends on the overall goals of our athletic programs.  If our goal is to dominate CUSA, have relatively regional foes, so be it.  I just think that our goal should be to belong to a higher level conference that what we presently have in CUSA.  And there is a chance that CUSA and the AAC will be diminished even further.  The MAC on the other hand seems solid in football as well as basketball.

18 hours ago, greenminer said:

???

image254103x.jpg

They forget about him because he jumped the shark - twice:  to Alabama, then A&M.  Did have one 10-win season at Bama.  A&M record tanked him. 

Patterson just had a longer success at one place.  Each place Fran left felt that he burned them in some way - either leaving too soon or not living up to the hype.