Linebacker U - part 1

Found this on meangreensports.com. Sorry if it's a repost. 

http://m.meangreensports.com/m/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080316aab.html

Former Mean Green linebackers Craig Robertson (New Orleans Saints) and Zach Orr (Baltimore Ravens) came back to Denton to spend some time talking shop with current North Texas senior linebacker, Fred Scott. They discuss their respective journeys to the National Football League, as well as break down film. Stay tuned tomorrow for Part Two

Well I can't watch past the ad, but I'm also on poor wifi. 

Edited by Mean Green Eagle
  • Upvote 4

Just now, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

maturity question at 12:20 is a little worrisome.  could this be why we are seeing the turnover in our roster right now?

That's what I was thinking.  Going 1-11 is hard on a team and if you throw in a lame duck coaching staff with some knuckle headed players it can be rough. I'm sure he had some specific instances in mind when he asked that question. 

• Upvote 1

Just finished thought it was pretty cool.. 

Any minute the naysayers will discuss how the quality of the video was poor or the wires were showing. " Who are the people standing in the background." "I saw a microphone unbelievable poor production."  

ANY MINUTE NOW

^^^^C'MN thats funny!!!!!!

Edited by MEANGREENCOACH2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Any minute the naysayers will discuss how the quality of the video was poor or the wires were showing. " Who are the people standing in the background." "I saw a microphone unbelievable poor production."  

ANY MINUTE NOW

He said ironically

In regards to the video: I want moar.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

It's actually pretty good in terms of critiquing formations and technique from last year, but you can tell that they're dancing around the Cosh situation. Or rather, the lack of good defensive schemes to work under.

frfr. I'm 3:30 in and I feel like I've heard basically "What were y'all doin' here!?!" an average of once a minute.

I really like that he said the game against SMU is personal now.

Man, Zach is so smart. Hate to use cliches, but that dude has strong emotional intelligence. 

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 1

I don't know how the NCAA would feel about it, but I'd love to see us develop a voluntary summer camp, where our players could interact and learn from our best former players.

I like the video, but think there football talk could be taken further. Lets get Craig and Zach to work with the whole LB corp for like a week. Let them break down film, but also demonstrate and practice better technique with our guys.  And do the same for the other units too.