SMU AD to Missouri?

Harry

I discussed the latest in the AD search this morning with Randy Moehlman on The Mole Hole. The full interview can be found here.

Some of the names on the list include Sean Frazier of Northern Illinois, Rick Hart of SMU, and Jon Sunvold, who currently serves on the MU Board of Curators.

What it comes down to with this position is simply who wants to be at Missouri and who is willing to stick around long term and help fix this mess?

read more:

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81996&sid=91f60787ac7f960c37c00bad77443e29

The last AD bailed after months to go to Baylor.

He ditched a very rich very stable league to go to Baylor where:

1. Like Mizzou there is leadership turmoil

2. A huge black eye from the scandal

3. Plenty of potential litigation including possible action by the Department of Justice

4. Potential NCAA violation if players should have been ineligible under the school's standards 

5. Emerging scandal of possible obstruction of justice by threatening directly or by implication that witnesses would be sanctioned by the school.

6. Plus a conference that is a mess AND has requested that the school turn over copies of all related records to the above scandals.

In short, Mizzou is a mess with no chancellor or president.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

The delusion on that board is tragically hilarious- one of them was talking about moving to the ACC. I want to ask them what it's like to live in a world void of any semblance of reality. 

I do a lot of their tax returns.  Believe me, they definitely exist in a different reality than we do.  Things like "No" or "You can't do that, that's against the rules" or "There are limits to your resources" just simply don't register with them.  They can and do buy themselves into or out of any situation they may ever encounter.  

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I do a lot of their tax returns.  Believe me, they definitely exist in a different reality than we do.  Things like "No" or "You can't do that, that's against the rules" or "There are limits to your resources" just simply don't register with them.  They can and do buy themselves into or out of any situation they may ever encounter.  

The other thing is, if you are wealthy enough, you know enough bankers and attorneys so that bankruptcy filings don't slow you down.  So, you roll the dice more. 

We have insured several people in the Highland Park/Preston Hollow area who have filed for bankruptcy, the turned around and started new companies.  They know enough bankers and attorneys to get it done.  It's just a small bump in the road for most people who really, truly have so much money that they can't go belly up...no matter how bad they are in business.

But, SMU football still sucks; so...money can't buy everything.