Season Tickets?

section 208 row 26 seats 1,2,and 3 are paid for. They belong to the Gilbert family. I had to get up high to keep the family out of the potential elements.

This is the year my son discovers UNT football. The new hire of the coach and AD are already paying off for the university. After a year away I'm excited to come back.

• Upvote 3

GRANT.UNT mentioned "picking up ( his) old Club seats again."  I understood that club seats had to be paid for every year as well as the minimum Mean Green contribution made to keep the agreement in tact.  Can club seats be  used, not used, and then picked up again if they're still available ? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

GRANT.UNT mentioned "picking up ( his) old Club seats again."  I understood that club seats had to be paid for every year as well as the minimum Mean Green contribution made to keep the agreement in tact.  Can club seats be  used, not used, and then picked up again if they're still available ? 

That's not the way I read my agreement.  If I recall, the wording was something along the lines of I shall have rights to purchase tickets for those seats so long as I make the minimum annual gift to the mean green club as so prescribed by the athletic department.

• Upvote 1

Thanks.  I understood that the tickets were mine as long as I continued to buy season tickets (in the same number of seats I own) and that I make the minimum Mean Green donation annually.  But that I could not let my seats "rest" one season and then pick them up again.   

Otherwise, what's to be done with my seats while I'm taking a season off ? 

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1

I had club seats one year and then let them lapse for 2 years. In reference to picking them up again, I meant I was considering getting club seats again. I couldn't actually get those exact seats unless someone hasn't purchased them. 

• Upvote 1

There are three levels of club seats:Silver (~$3K/seat gift to the stadium fund), White (~$6k/seat), and Green ($12K/seat).

You have the right to buy club seats if you 1) pay the ticket price of the club seat (~$750), 2) Pay the min MGC donation (initially $250/$500/$1000 per seat per year), and 3) have paid or are in the process of paying off the stadium fund gift.

Once you pay off the gift, you have rights to buy to sit in that level, as long as there are seats available.   People have "taken time off" and then gone back to giving the gift and the MGC and then buying tickets themselves.  

So initially over five years a silver level club seat will cost you ( ~$3k + ($250x5) + ( $750 x 5) )  ~= $8,000.  

However once you payoff the stadium gift you are only on the hook for the MGC donation and season ticket price each year.  However the MGC giving levels can change, and in fact already have.