'22 QB Quinn Ewers (Southlake MS)

GMG24

On 7/29/2016 at 10:15 PM, GMG24 said:

While I'm happy for the kid I really think this is a bit ridiculous.  The parents are mostly to blame, but why on earth are we offering a 7th grader? Recruiting is getting out of hand now IMO. 

Turns out... not so ridiculous haha 

But for real, I agree. Something just doesn't feel right when programs offer middle school kids.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

But for real, I agree. Something just doesn't feel right when programs offer middle school kids.

Well I guess we could tell he was gonna be really good, and it turns out we were right

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 3:27 PM, MeanGreen22 said:

LOL I'll eat my crow, I just hate the idea of offering a kid in MS with no HS tape or production.  To each their own lol

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

He decommitted from UT this week. Rumor has it that Herman badmouthed him and word got to other players and recruits who then told Ewers about it. Now a few other DFWrecruits have recommitted from UT.

Maybe UNT should throw the kitchen sink and then some at him. He's most likely flipping to Ohio State but why not try. G5 schools can get 5 star recruits outta HS. 

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I don't think he's getting very good advice.  His going to OSU before his senior year of HS was a terrible decision.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Wasn’t handed the job…so he’s bailing (my money would be on UT) 

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't think he's getting very good advice.  His going to OSU before his senior year of HS was a terrible decision.

Poor guy is clearly suffering from Kade Renfro syndrome 

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Was it?  He became a millionaire at 17 doing nothing other than being himself, got a redshirt year under Coach Day & Coach Wilson, and now he’ll come home to play football like he was supposed to from the start.

Genius, if you ask me!

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

On 12/3/2021 at 9:09 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Was it?  He became a millionaire at 17 doing nothing other than being himself, got a redshirt year under Coach Day & Coach Wilson, and now he’ll come home to play football like he was supposed to from the start.

Genius, if you ask me!

I have to agree. This kid has played every one of his cards right.

Now he just needs to find somewhere where he is guaranteed to remain the starter even if he has a bad game.

Patrick Mahomes has been on twitter stating that Ewers has all the tools to play on Sundays. He just needs to go somewhere that he'll be playing immediately. I think the speculation about UT is absurd, the horns recruit top quarterbacks every year but then bench them for a younger guy the next season. This happens every year in Austin, Norman, College Station, Waco, and Lubbock with so many college careers being wasted as the new freshman Wonderboy always replaces the incumbent.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Hearing rumors that Mason Fine will accept the OC job at North Texas once the CFL season is over and Ewers will transfer to North Texas as well.

Sweet Baby Jesus it could happen!

Sources or you’re banned for a week for drawing everyone offside.  

If there is ANY validity to this, I can cancel my Santa list

• Haha 1