'22 QB Quinn Ewers (Southlake MS)

GMG24

While I'm happy for the kid I really think this is a bit ridiculous.  The parents are mostly to blame, but why on earth are we offering a 7th grader? Recruiting is getting out of hand now IMO. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 7

• 5 months later...

Can't be a real offer. What is to stop those parents from claiming an offer from UNT? Our coaches can't comment on recruits thus no one can deny it. This happens all the time from people trying to boost their own stock. 

Or maybe this kid's family is friends with one of our coaches and they are helping the kid build some buzz. 

I guarantee you that Seth Littrell has NO PLANS to still be the HC at North Texas in 2022. He is hoping to move up the ladder and I hope he does.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I guarantee you that Seth Littrell has NO PLANS to still be the HC at North Texas in 2022. He is hoping to move up the ladder and I hope he does.

Well it is my sincere hope that Littrell turns out to be our football Johnny Jones and stays with us until Bob Stoops retires.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Can't be a real offer. What is to stop those parents from claiming an offer from UNT? Our coaches can't comment on recruits thus no one can deny it. This happens all the time from people trying to boost their own stock. 

Or maybe this kid's family is friends with one of our coaches and they are helping the kid build some buzz. 

Why? I think some of the SEC schools offer this early.

• 3 years later...

6'3" 195 lbs.

Surprisingly, no rating at this time

Also holds offers from Alabama, AZ St., Auburn, Baylor, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Michigan St., MS State, NC State, Ohio St., OK, OK St., smuT, South Carolina, TCU, UT, TX A$M, TXST-SM

https://247sports.com/player/quinn-ewers-45572600/

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Just a waste of time.  This kid isn't coming to UNT unless something major happens.  I don't get why we play this game.  Recruiting has become a joke.  No one follows any rules and it costs these AD's and universities a lot of money. 

A waste of time and resources to send an email or a letter offering a scholarship? Or to visit him at SL Carroll, a school where we actively recruit other players anyway? 
Granted I don’t think we will land him anyway but we offered four years ago. And we were first. So why not? 

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Rated a 5 star - 1.0000 rating.  I have never seen a rating of 1.0000 before.

13 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Trevor Lawrence was 1 point off, and some Michigan recruit in 2016 was a perfect 1.0000

Jadeveon Clowney was also a 1.0000 coming out of high school

• 3 weeks later...