Baylor opposes U of H

Harry

Probably not just Baylor.  Throw in Iowa State, Kansas probably OU... This thing is getting real interesting.  Also, of interest, there appears to be a bond between the privates and the public schools in all this.  Abbott and the UT bigwigs bonding towards UofH seem to support this theory.

55 minutes ago, Harry said:

Probably not just Baylor.  Throw in Iowa State, Kansas probably OU... This thing is getting real interesting.  Also, of interest, there appears to be a bond between the privates and the public schools in all this.  Abbott and the UT bigwigs bonding towards UofH seem to support this theory.

Not gonna happen. UT is going to make UH OK a Houston campus to get into the B12. UH isn't going to do it.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Baylor is lucky they still have a seat at the table. Houston will get in because Texas wants them in, and I doubt that O.U. will oppose the Cougars. They have worked hard to get Texas to agree to expand and will support their choice. By the same token, I would expect the Longhorns to back the Sooner's selection.The two slam dunks appear to be U.H. and Cincy if 2 schools are added, BYU and UCF if 4. The only affect it has on CUSA is Rice will probably move to AAC, as well as Marshall, if the AAC decides to replace their 2 lost teams. Ain't this fun!

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Baylor is not #1 in the Waco market.  That spot belongs to A&M who is also in that market.  Baylor is only one vote.  They could be the only vote against Houston unless TCU happens to join them.  

What about Tech? Surely they don't want another in-state competitor...

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Tech president already tweeted support for UH. Baylor has no say in the matter. We will be Big 12.

If so, congratulations to U of H. They've done what is necessary and worked hard to do so. UNT, take note. Go big or go home.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 6:12 PM, Harry said:

Tonight during her DNC speech Elizabeth Warren stated she graduated from a commuter school in Texas.  If a prominent (though goofy) UH grad won't even mention it by name why should anyone else take it seriously? 

I did not go out of my way to hear her speech, the talk radio station I was listening to aired it. 

• Upvote 2