DRC: Apogee five years later Part II (Fans reflect on seat investments 5 years later)

Brett Vito

“I have been disappointed, but having followed North Texas for 50 years, I know that feeling,” Valchar said. “I really thought the new stadium would vault us forward. 

When we moved to Apogee, I thought it would vault the program forward and that they would schedule some decent teams,” Morris said. “Scheduling has been horrible.”

I (along with several others) said that facilities were not the real reason that attendance was where it was. Nor was it conference affiliation.

You have to work the crowd. Of course, here at NT we have the added challenge of developing the crowd first......then working it. 

For the umpteenth time........we have to change our culture. 

And to do that it will take an administrative village.

• Upvote 4

I'm famous, I was quoted in the Denton Record Chronicle. On a side note, it's probably a good thing he didn't put my exact words in the paper. Cussing/ bashing the Athletic Department, Athletic Director, Dan McCarney and Mean Green Club wouldn't be the best press. 

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

I (along with several others) said that facilities were not the real reason that attendance was where it was. Nor was it conference affiliation.

You have to work the crowd. Of course, here at NT we have the added challenge of developing the crowd first......then working it. 

For the umpteenth time........we have to change our culture. 

And to do that it will take an administrative village.

We seem to be well stocked on the idiot part, so I guess a village is the next logical step.

eta: to be clear Silver isn't the idiot. Was referring to those that office in the village. 

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, oldguystudent said:

If I ran this place, I'd give both of you a time-out along with my WWII Marine combat veteran fourth grade teacher's favorite rebuke -- a rubber band to the earlobe.

I haven't broken any rules. Don't comment publicly if you can't take a challenge to those comments. 

Worse than his comments were members of the AD agreeing with him. Hank is showing that he will be RVII. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

Just now, Aldo said:

HD6oml5jHuz1m.gif

Damn straight. I'm sick of UNT being everyone's backup program. The "I watch Alabama (or UT, A&M or any other) for winning football, but I come to UNT for the access" crowd is what got UNT 15 years of Rick Villarreal. 

I'll fan this flame until every shred of this loser mentality is burnt to hell!

To hell, I tell ya!!!!!!!1!!1!1!!!

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 7

38 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I mean, this is a great example of dealing with people, isn't it? I mean, the definition of how to deal with people is to call them names on a message board and yet refuse to have a face to face conversation with them, isn't it?

Enjoy your convos with Litrell and Hank. Meanwhile, I'll expect more from the worst program in America. 

So typical of  your M.O.  Make asinine statements about someone that supports the program, whether you agree with their motives or not, by passive aggressively attacking them on this thread and then criticize their response.  It has been so nice with you on my ignore list.  Then again, your posts show up when others quote them.  Glad to see you haven't changed.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 11

Just now, GRN-WHT said:

I continue to be baffled about some members of this fan base obsession with "access" to the AD and coaches.

Who gives a crap if you can't get within 100 feet of Nick Saban, he wins football games.

You met Seth and Harrell, woop-dee-freakin'-do. I don't want their handshakes, I want them to win some damn football games.

F'n A.

Sadly, this isn't how some members of this fan base feel. And that's a problem.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 5

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

So typical of  your M.O.  Make asinine statements about someone that supports the program, whether you agree with their motives or not, by passive aggressively attacking them on this thread and then criticize their response.  It has been so nice with you on my ignore list.  Then again, your posts show up when others quote them.  Glad to see you haven't changed.

Well, my first statement was aimed at the moronic AD who said we need more fans that prefer access over winning.

I can't help that MBA took offense. I certainly can't help MBA with what he said, which I view as a huge problem with some in this fanbase. 

If you don't like it, tough ti++y. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

23 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

We need to have gomeangreen fight night. Similar to what the ticket does. 

Old guys throwing 3 punches then leaning on each other in exhaustion for the next two and 3/4 rounds?

No thanks. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

I continue to be baffled about some members of this fan base obsession with "access" to the AD and coaches.

Who gives a crap if you can't get within 100 feet of Nick Saban, he wins football games.

You met Seth and Harrell, woop-dee-freakin'-do. I don't want their handshakes, I want them to win some damn football games.

I couldn't agree more. Littrell can use a hologram on the sidelines or dress the entire staff like Daft Punk as long as he wins championships here. 

200.gif

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Well, I guess an ass hole has to be an ass hole....you don't know shit about me....or how to deal with people....you see what you want to fit your warped agenda... 

Haters hate! Blocking is a great thing! Thanks Harry

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, GRN-WHT said:

es.Who gives a crap if you can't get within 100 feet of Nick Saban, he wins football games

Couldn't agree more with that statement.

However, I went to the meet and greet with the new coaching staff and met Coach Littrell. After I quizzed him about the history of our nickname (he failed the test with "Joe Greene" as his answer) I educated him about the real origins of it. After satisfying myself that he knew more about that part of our history than most of the officials in the athletic department, I'm good regarding "access" for the duration of his tenure here.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Damn straight. I'm sick of UNT being everyone's backup program. The "I watch Alabama (or UT, A&M or any other) for winning football, but I come to UNT for the access" crowd is what got UNT 15 years of Rick Villarreal. 

I'll fan this flame until every shred of this loser mentality is burnt to hell!

To hell, I tell ya!!!!!!!1!!1!1!!!

For once, I agree.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Warped agenda? He wants the athletic department to stop being a bunch of time-clock-punching underachievers. And he wants the fan base to stop saying "wow, this is some great chicken fried steak" when the athletic department keeps handing them a plate of dried cow poop (aka pasture patties).

I don't see anything warped about that.

Here's a challenge for you. The next four times you post insults at 90, do it without curse words. 

^ real problem. 

If the other quote in another thread by Hank is real, it just solidifies the problem. Shame. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Warped agenda? He wants the athletic department to stop being a bunch of time-clock-punching underachievers. And he wants the fan base to stop saying "wow, this is some great chicken fried steak" when the athletic department keeps handing them a plate of dried cow poop (aka pasture patties).

I don't see anything warped about that.

Here's a challenge for you. The next four times you post insults at 90, do it without curse words. 

Find a quote other than today where I swore just once. 90 has an agenda of criticizing and attacking anybody who disagrees with him. He attacked my comment which was supporting the program in a warped angle to further his agenda. I believe we all want a winning program, but if you don't follow lock-step with his hate speech, he attacks you as well. Cannot back anything up he said about what my goals and desires are for this team. For that, I will speak up. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 17