Another shooting of multiple police officers

12 hours ago, Rudy said:

It doesn't matter.  I've actually heard people say that you can't fire a gun through clothing.  Although I got crickets from that person when I informed them that bullets can go through clothing.

That's what you get for talking to @Coffee and TV

People want to believe what they want to believe. This is the new normal for white police officers, hell, all police officers (since this element considers black officers uncle Toms) when dealing with black suspects. 

Gun in pocket he was trying to reach for? Doesn't matter, you shouldn't have shot him. 

He did this exact same thing before when he fought an officer with a gun in his waistband? Doesn't matter, you shouldn't have shot him.

He is a convicted felony illegally in possession of a firearm resisting police? Doesn't matter, you shouldn't have shot him. 

What should you have done? Fought him, and if he shoots and kills you, well, tough. Because we don't care about you. 

That is the new normal that has been endorsed. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

So now high crime, predominantly minority communities in Fort Worth will have half the police presence, just as the leaders of this "movement" wanted. 

The sad thing is the only ones who care about these communities are the officers patrolling them. 

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fort-Worth-Now-Requires-Police-To-Patrol-in-Pairs-387188272.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, risinggreen said:

Yes. You reap what you sow. Whether some want to believe it or not, many of the old proverbs actually have modern day meaning.

Several different ways to read this in the current state of this country, but I think I know what you mean.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

So now high crime, predominantly minority communities in Fort Worth will have half the police presence, just as the leaders of this "movement" wanted. 

The sad thing is the only ones who care about these communities are the officers patrolling them. 

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fort-Worth-Now-Requires-Police-To-Patrol-in-Pairs-387188272.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand

Mandatory back up to all traffic stops (and many other, if not all calls) is almost certain to significantly slow response times.

Hope you don't need a cop quickly folks...

1 minute ago, Army of Dad said:

Mandatory back up to all traffic stops (and many other, if not all calls) is almost certain to significantly slow response times.

Hope you don't need a cop quickly folks...

And less proactive policing in high crime areas means more crime in under priveledged neighborhoods. 

Which is one of the goals.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2