New Director of Recruiting for Football

GMG24

4 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

So, this is one of the hires that Littrell mentioned at the meeting? If so, one of the things the position was to address was kicking up our social media game a couple of notches.

Does this mean we have a director of HS relations AND a director of recruiting?

For now... lol 

• Upvote 2

Interesting to note, he has strong Aggie ties as well as ties to current assistant Tommy Perry (also a former Aggie).  I pulled this off of the obituary from John David Crow:

John David Crow’s lasting legacy will continue on through his wife of more than sixty years, Carolyn Crow; his daughters Annalisa Stenklyft and husband Jay, Jeannie Pietrowiak and husband Ken, daughter in law Janice Crow; his grandchildren Christa Ketchum, Sarah Beth Eady, Tommy Perry, Anthony Stenklyft, David Stenklyft, Avery Pietrowiak, James Pietrowiak; his six great-grandchildren; his brother Raymond Crow; his sisters Doris Brown and Yvonne Stivers and husband Harley.

read more:  https://www.aggienetwork.com/news/139598/silver-taps-notification/

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Interesting to note, he has strong Aggie ties as well as ties to current assistant Tommy Perry (also a former Aggie).  I pulled this off of the obituary from John David Crow:

John David Crow’s lasting legacy will continue on through his wife of more than sixty years, Carolyn Crow; his daughters Annalisa Stenklyft and husband Jay, Jeannie Pietrowiak and husband Ken, daughter in law Janice Crow; his grandchildren Christa Ketchum, Sarah Beth Eady, Tommy Perry, Anthony Stenklyft, David Stenklyft, Avery Pietrowiak, James Pietrowiak; his six great-grandchildren; his brother Raymond Crow; his sisters Doris Brown and Yvonne Stivers and husband Harley.

Excellent find Harry! 

https://twitter.com/conleyscott

Just check his page out.  Pretty sad that our Director of HS Relations (While he has good relationships across the state) can't even tweet right or often.  SMH 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Excellent find Harry! 

https://twitter.com/conleyscott

Just check his page out.  Pretty sad that our Director of HS Relations (While he has good relationships across the state) can't even tweet right or often.  SMH 

Give him a break.  He's got like 14 tweets.  That's almost 15.  15!!

Maybe they are going to split duties.  New guy will take recruiting and social media and Conley will keep the rest of the stuff? 

Who runs @MeanGreenFB?  Capper?

• Upvote 5

32 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Give him a break.  He's got like 14 tweets.  That's almost 15.  15!!

Maybe they are going to split duties.  New guy will take recruiting and social media and Conley will keep the rest of the stuff? 

Who runs @MeanGreenFB?  Capper?

Yeah and 3 of them were to an incoming player it looks like.  He can't even reply to the tweet so the kid or person gets it.. or the Message not sure which.  SMH 

• Upvote 2

Put together this bio from a combination of Fresno State's 2013 & 2014 Media Guides (2015 seemed to load incompletely for me)...

David Stenklyft begins his third season as the defensive graduate assistant coach for the Fresno State football team. Stenklyft helps coach the Bulldog outside linebackers and he also assists the defensive coaches with game preparation, film breakdown, scouting and practice plans.

Stenklyft has helped Fresno State rank in the top 10 in the FBS in sacks in each of the past two seasons. The Bulldogs and Stanford are the only schools in the country that have done just that.

In 2013, Stenklyft played a key role in the emergence of outside linebacker Ejiro Ederaine, who was a second-team All-Mountain West selection. With 10 sacks and 16.5 tackles for a loss that year, Ederaine ranked in a tie for 17th nationally and third in the MW in sacks and 27th nationally and third again in the league in tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

Fresno State’s other outside linebacker, who has started there both seasons under Stenklyft, is Donavon Lewis. Lewis combined to post nine sacks and 19.0 tackles for a loss over his sophomore and junior seasons.

Stenklyft came to Fresno State from Texas A&M where he was the defensive quality control coach for the past two seasons under now Fresno State head coach Tim DeRuyter and defensive coordinator Nick Toth. With the Aggies, Stenklyft was responsible for game preparation, scouting and opponent breakdowns as well as working with the outside linebacker’s.

Prior to his two seasons at A&M, Stenklyft served as the recruiting/operations intern at the University of Alabama in the Spring of 2010. He was also a studentassistant for the Texas A&M football team from 2006-10. Stenklyft graduated from Texas A&M in 2010 with a bachelor’s degree in sports management. He was born on April 22, 1987 in Tyler, Texas and is married to the former Patti Kitt.

Hometown: Tyler, Texas

Date of Birth: April 22, 1987

Education: Texas A&M (2010)-bachelor’s in sports management

Family: Wife: Patti

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 2

The listing for the job was only posted on the UNT jobs website today. 

So yeah I'm sure he's been chosen for the job, lets just hope nothing stupid happens and he can't clear HR.

Not listed on the UNT Jobs website was this ticket sales consultant job.

http://theaspiregroupinc.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=98438

Because it's not with the AD, it's with The Aspire Group, an outside firm who does nothing but ticket sales, and marketing.

List of people they work with...

http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/?section=who-we-serve

Also, digging on their website I found this blog post from their founder. This guy gets it.

http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/raising-the-bar-for-millennial-and-student-attendance-3/

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, TheWestie said:

The listing for the job was only posted on the UNT jobs website today. 

So yeah I'm sure he's been chosen for the job, lets just hope nothing stupid happens and he can't clear HR.

Not listed on the UNT Jobs website was this ticket sales consultant job.

http://theaspiregroupinc.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=98438

Because it's not with the AD, it's with The Aspire Group, an outside firm who does nothing but ticket sales, and marketing.

List of people they work with...

http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/?section=who-we-serve

Also, digging on their website I found this blog post from their founder. This guy gets it.

http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/raising-the-bar-for-millennial-and-student-attendance-3/

Good God. It's like a list of everything UNT has never done.

This gives me hope.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

I really like this hire. This young man has deep respected Texas football ties (grandson of John David Crow), experience at top college programs (Alabama & Texas A&M), and experience at a G5 program (Fresno State) where I'm sure he gained an understanding for the obstacles programs like ours face.

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Harry said:

He's a crow. He'll always be a crow.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

To be fair, sans last year, our student turnout has been consistently strong at Apogee. 

We have 35k students. Less than 1/3 turn out for games. That isn't "consistently strong" by anyone's account, other than a blinded UNT fan.

Perhaps you meant "consistently strong for UNT?"

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

To be fair, sans last year, our student turnout has been consistently strong at Apogee. 

I took my daughter to her orientation at Ole Miss earlier in the summer.  Many of the things that are listed in that blog are things they have implemented at Ole Miss.  There is tracking of student attendance.  There are points that you earn for attending various athletic events, football certainly, but even more for non football.  Prizes are listed that can be earned.  

I like the fact we now take the freshman to the football field as part of orientation, but that should not be the end of the story.  We should engage the Greeks heavily.  Give them incentives to get their people in the gates.  Same thing to other groups, dorms, associations.  Even if it feels a little over the top for a while, make athletics a part of everyone's student experience.  There are a lot of students who would not otherwise go to an event.  Make it worth their while.  

Build relationships with faculty.  Put athletic related items around campus.  We have a receptive President for the first time in a long time regarding athletics.  

There is so much that can be done, but it will take effort.  Effort that had long passed the prior AD by.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I took my daughter to her orientation at Ole Miss earlier in the summer.  Many of the things that are listed in that blog are things they have implemented at Ole Miss.  There is tracking of student attendance.  There are points that you earn for attending various athletic events, football certainly, but even more for non football.  Prizes are listed that can be earned.  

I like the fact we now take the freshman to the football field as part of orientation, but that should not be the end of the story.  We should engage the Greeks heavily.  Give them incentives to get their people in the gates.  Same thing to other groups, dorms, associations.  Even if it feels a little over the top for a while, make athletics a part of everyone's student experience.  There are a lot of students who would not otherwise go to an event.  Make it worth their while.  

Build relationships with faculty.  Put athletic related items around campus.  We have a receptive President for the first time in a long time regarding athletics.  

There is so much that can be done, but it will take effort.  Effort that had long passed the prior AD by.

Amen....this needs to be sent to whomever is chosen as our AD.  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Re: Attendance

See last paragraph about Ohio (didn't we just hire someone from that ticketing staff?)

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/college/schools-strategize-to-increase-student-football-attendance.html 

Ohio's student attendance is absolutely outstanding, and they make a 20,000ish seat stadium rock.

• Upvote 1