Thoughts and Prayers with Emmitt and his DPD Fellow Officers

UNTLifer

Thanks for what you and your fellow officers do. It is a grossly underpaid and thankless job. While we all run from the danger you guys run TO it. We've never met, but you were one of the first people I thought about last night. Be safe.

• Upvote 5

I can't even express how I feel.  I've stared at this screen for 30 minutes.  When does it end? Prayers to everyone involved in this thing.  Prayers to fallen officers and their families.  The Crosby HS DC's brother was the dart officer who was killed.  That man was married two weeks ago, now his widow is left to fend for herself.  Prayers to the families who were involved in this attack, you know the ones screaming and crying running away.  Imagine how hard that's going to be to get over seeing and experiencing something like that.  Prayers for this nation, I Back the Blue and I hope you do too.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 5

For those who wisely avoid the Pie forum toilet, here's a link to donate to the officers and their families: https://atodallas.org/donate?sf30530737=1&sf30533598=1.

Encourage your employer to match or make a larger contribution if they are local as well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Quoner said:

For those who wisely avoid the Pie forum toilet, here's a link to donate to the officers and their families: https://atodallas.org/donate?sf30530737=1&sf30533598=1.

Encourage your employer to match or make a larger contribution if they are local as well. 

Was waiting until my organization announced what they were doing before encouraging them to contribute...I had faith that they wouldn't need any guidance. Proud to say they are making a $50,000 donation to ATO and providing other assistances that our industry affords us to give to loved ones.

*EDIT* Don't give me the plus ones, I didn't write the check. I'm just fortunate to work for a company that values helping out whoever they can throughout the world.

Edited by UNT Five&Dime
  • Upvote 5

My thoughts immediately went to Emmitt last evening when I heard the tragic news.  Thank you to all peace officers.  Especially officers in lesser known departments.  They are at the same risk without some of the notoriety.  I also thought of Brian (AKA "Rudy"), a police officer somewhere in the Panhandle area.  And to all the men and women of law enforcement.  Be safe.

• Upvote 1

Mr. Emmitt, watching CNN last night I had the pleasure of hearing an African-American (i mention her race to emphasize the quality of the message in a time like this) lady speak to the world about how much the citizens of Dallas love their DPD. She spoke about how she and her kids feel safe around our officers, how amazing the love was between everybody during the protest, how you can be walking down the street and be greeted by a random member of our DPD, and how our DPD protected them all when this happened. She told the world how amazing our DPD is to all of Dallas and are not discriminatory. I mention this because I think it's important for you to know that you are backed by all of Dallas, not just a small portion of our community. My brother is a member of DPD and one of his friend's lost his partner of three years at the hands of the shooter. My grandfather too was an officer for over 20 years. We love you all and value all of you. Dallas police has the lowest amount of officer involved shootings out of any major city in the country. No police department deserved this, but it just sickens me even more knowing we lost amazing officers who have nothing to do with what's going on around the country.

Sorry for the long message. I support our men and women in Blue.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
Auto correct errors
  • Upvote 7

59 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Mr. Emmitt, watching CNN last night I had the pleasure of hearing an African-American (i mention her race to emphasize the quality of the message in a time like this) lady speak to the world about much the citizens of Dallas love their DPD. She spoke about how she and her kids feel safe around our officers, how amazing the love was between everybody during the parade, how you can be walking down the street and be greeted by a random member of our DPD, and how our DPD protected them all when this happened. She told the world how amazing our DPD is to all of Dallas and are not discriminatory. I mention this because I think it's important for you to know that you are backed by all of Dallas, not just a small portion of our community. My brother is a member of DPD and one of his friend's lost his partner of three years at the hands of the shooter. My grandfather too was an officer for over 20 years. We love you all and value all of you. Dallas police has the lowest amount of officer involved shootings out of any major city in the country. No police department deserved this, but it just sickens me even more knowing we lost amazing officers who have nothing to do with what's going on around the country.

Sorry for the long message. I support our men and women in Blue.

Thank you

• Upvote 4

On 7/8/2016 at 10:35 AM, Quoner said:

To reinforce Quoner's message and link above, I offer this alternate way to go...donations end up in the same place for the same cause:  http://www.eaglegunrangetx.com/dpd/

I lurk frequently in the "Pie forum toilet", occasionally tapping my foot, but my heart is over here.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

To reinforce Quoner's message and link above, I offer this alternate way to go...donations end up in the same place for the same cause:  http://www.eaglegunrangetx.com/dpd/

I lurk frequently in the "Pie forum toilet", occasionally tapping my foot, but my heart is over here.

Lots of good places and outlets across DFW, which is awesome. Would love for more folks to add others (but do vet bc the fake GoFundMe for one of the fallen that forced the Zamarippa family to speak out was sickening.)

The English language is a very expressive language. It is more than adequate as a means for someone to express their feelings on just about any subject. Having said that, I believe that for most situations. the fewer words the better. 

As to the profession that has come under attack........"Honorable"  covers my feelings  about it most adequately. 

As to the "act" in question.......despicable. 

May God (or whatever entity they pray to) watch over the honorable fallen.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Quoner said:

Lots of good places and outlets across DFW, which is awesome. Would love for more folks to add others (but do vet bc the fake GoFundMe for one of the fallen that forced the Zamarippa family to speak out was sickening.)

Haven't heard about that yet. That is beyond disgusting!! People like that should be exposed and prosecuted.

In the case of the establishment I linked, the owner's son is an officer and the staff is as honest as it gets.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Haven't heard about that yet. That is beyond disgusting!! People like that should be exposed and prosecuted.

In the case of the establishment I linked, the owner's son is an officer and the staff is as honest as it gets.

So sorry to imply yours wasn't legit- didn't doubt you at all as I known you've mentioned that range before.

10 minutes ago, Quoner said:

So sorry to imply yours wasn't legit- didn't doubt you at all as I known you've mentioned that range before.

I did not take it that way. I was just letting other readers know that I am comfortable with that bunch of people.

It really enrages me when people try to capitalize on tragedy, like the situation you cited.

Russ Martin listeners show foundation delivered 5 checks today, each for 40,000 to the family's of the Fallen officers. That foundation is damn near 100%donations going to the foundation, only PayPAL fees are taken out...no administration cost or or anything...you can find the link at russmartin.com

• Upvote 3

Lockdown due to suspicious masked dude spotted in the DPD garage. The perp ran when told to stop. Garage, and now surface lot, has been / is being systematically cleared by police. Canine units are now doing a second sweep. If the perp gets away he is trained and knows what he is doing.

This fits my theory yesterday that the shooter / scumbag was not the only one and that I think there will be others uncovered. Too much precision and damage for one sorry bastard, IMO.