Prayers for DPD and Emmitt

What a sad tragedy unfolding in downtown Dallas tonight  

Per Chief Brown:  2 snipers shot 10 police officers during a rally in downtown.  3 dead more injured, some critically.  Snipers were in elevated position.  No suspects in custody.  Thoughts and prayers go out to our police and their families.

54 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Gotta love that you can just walk down the freaking streets of Dallas with a freaking AR.

Find this bastard.

I don't think that guy was one of the snipers.

• Upvote 4

Ditto to the thread title. Toughest day in downtown Dallas since Kennedy at least, and that has been a LONG time. I left the West End around 10 minutes before it started.

God Bless our cops, and random incidents attributed to rogue cops in a country of 330 million should not be an indictment of the criminal justice system as a whole. Every system has its faults, and social media will jump all over those faults often to the detriment of civility.

• Upvote 4

DPD now saying 4 shooters in a organized attack. 1 dead, 3 in custody. None are talking, according to the chief (not real smart to publicly comment on this). 

DPD got a lot of background investigating to do to establish a motive.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

DPD now saying 4 shooters in a organized attack. 1 dead, 3 in custody. None are talking, according to the chief (not real smart to publicly comment on this). 

DPD got a lot of background investigating to do to establish a motive.

It's definitely different to have a chief comment so much publicly like he has. 

I'm not sure he has said anything that may damage a criminal case. Time will tell if the more open stance is good. 

3 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

It's definitely different to have a chief comment so much publicly like he has. 

I'm not sure he has said anything that may damage a criminal case. Time will tell if the more open stance is good. 

You want the suspects separated and thinking one of the others may talk. You don't want to comment publicly about much right now.

Watching the news conference now and it looks like someone has clued them in on this. 

Now reporting that the dead suspect died while detonating a bomb. Suspect told negotiator he acted alone (bullshit), hated white people and wanted to kill white police officers. Also said other IEDs would be found. Denied affiliation with any other groups. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

You want the suspects separated and thinking one of the others may talk. You don't want to comment publicly about much right now.

Watching the news conference now and it looks like someone has clued them in on this. 

Now reporting that the dead suspect died while detonating a bomb. Suspect told negotiator he acted alone (bullshit), hated white people and wanted to kill white police officers. Also said other IEDs would be found. Denied affiliation with any other groups. 

Well, I mean saying he acted alone is a possibility. Clearly appears to be at least associated with BLM but doubtful BLM would condone this kind of behavior when all it does is hurt them in the long run. What I find odd is that they seem to have military training. Wouldnt recommend watching the video, but there is a clip where one of the shooters ambushes a cop. Definitely some tactical training.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Well, I mean saying he acted alone is a possibility. Clearly appears to be at least associated with BLM but doubtful BLM would condone this kind of behavior when all it does is hurt them in the long run. What I find odd is that they seem to have military training. Wouldnt recommend watching the video, but there is a clip where one of the shooters ambushes a cop. Definitely some tactical training.

He didn't act alone, unless he is the best shot ever under a huge adrenaline dump in combat conditions. There are also 3 other suspects in custody Dallas officials refuse to comment about. That means they believe they are involved. 

Planned, coordinated attack at an event announced just 24 hours earlier. It would be interesting to know if this was the route used for the last BLM rally. If so, and if Dallas uses the same route for multiple demonstrations, then this could have been pre planned during a previous March. 

The media needs to stop pouring gas on the flame in police shootings. Stop interviewing people who only want their 15 minutes and will say anything to get it. Stop publicizing the names of these pieces of dung shooters. Stop altering crap to make it seem officers are guilty. 

The President and the news media have a substantial amount of Dallas blood on their hands today. 

And neither care.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 11

31 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

and we're off. 

wonderful.

Guess what, when the president implies cops are guilty without any knowledge of the facts of the investigation, these are the consequences. The first black president welds a lot of power in the black community. All he has done is use that power to divide, especially where police shootings are concerned. He doesn't comment on white people shot by police, leading the uneducated to believe police are only shooting black people and doing it because they are black.

The President has constantly thrown police officers to the wolves, destroying their career and families for simple political gain. Morale at departments are at an all-time low. Applications have fallen. Who wants to go into a profession under constant attack by the President of the United States? 

Here are Pres. Obama's comments just hours before the Dallas massacre: 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-address-police-shootings/story?id=40419109

Gas on the fire, Mr. President. Now you have the blood of Dallas on your hands.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 10

16 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Guess what, when the president implies cops are guilty without any knowledge of the facts of the investigation, these are the consequences. The first black president welds a lot of power in the black community. All he has done is use that power to divide, especially where police shootings are concerned. He doesn't comment on white people shot by police, leading the uneducated to believe police are only shooting black people and doing it because they are black.

The President has constantly thrown police officers to the wolves, destroying their career and families for simple political gain. Morale at departments are at an all-time low. Applications have fallen. Who wants to go into a profession under constant attack by the President of the United States? 

Here are Pres. Obama's comments just hours before the Dallas massacre: 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-address-police-shootings/story?id=40419109

Gas on the fire, Mr. President. Now you have the blood of Dallas on your hands.

The president urged the country not to fall into an unproductive political debate that pits criminal justice reform against support for law enforcement –- saying the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

“To be for these issues is not to be against law enforcement,” he said.

“We know you have a tough job,” the president said, addressing law enforcement directly.

“We mourn those in uniform who are protecting us who lose their lives,” he continued. "I’ve hugged family members who’ve lost loved ones doing the right thing, I know how much it hurts…there is no contradiction between us supporting law enforcement.”

“To be concerned about these issues is not political correctness, it’s just being American,” he said.

but you know...just continue to hear what you want to hear. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

I expect Pres. Obama to immediately pivot this incident toward gun control as soon as tomorrow, trying to use deaths for which he is partially responsible as a vehicle for political gain.

Hide and watch.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

God bless Emmitt, Dallas SWAT, and all the officers from different agencies that responded to this mess. I hope the race-baiters are happy now...Jesse, Al, Barry.

Chalk one up for the good guys...I heard on the radio that the DPD robot delivered a little CARE package to the rat bastard that was holed up and blew his ass up!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

but you know...just continue to hear what you want to hear. 

Ya, at the end of the comments after he has already convicted the officers without any evidence.

Also way too little way too late. He incited the black community with uneducated comments on Ferguson and the Martin shooting. He has fostered and encouraged hate along racial lines. This has caused the deaths of blacks who now feel empowered to fight police. 

None of the comments you posted were said during those incidents. BLM exists BECAUSE of President Obama's vilification of the American Police Officer. Without BLM, there is no march last night and there is no massacre. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Suggested things we can all do today to try to make the world a better place:

• Make a donation for the officers and their families: https://atodallas.org/donate?sf30530737=1&sf30533598=1
  • Attend the prayer rally in Thanksgiving Square or think a good thought if that's not your thing
  • Be good to people around you. Listen to their concerns, passions and statements. Some of it may be wrong and you don't have to cut them off with a "well actually" or a similar thought. Let people talk. 
  • Don't angrily engage with UNT90 (if you disagree with him) or CBL for a few days. No one died last night to help you be RIGHT ONLINE(TM).
  • Repeat 1, 3 and 4 - schedule follow up actions accordingly
  • Fire the non-sports forum into the sun.

I had a response typed and at the ready, but you're right (online, no less). 

donated and shutting up

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2