Harrell needs to jump on this NOW!!

He is not coming to North Texas guys.  This is was one the most highly rated, highly recruited quarterbacks coming out of high school and showed he can perform at a high level against some of the best competition in college football.   He will have his pick of just about any of the top tier P5 schools around the country in need of a QB.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

He is not coming to North Texas guys.  This is was one the most highly rated, highly recruited quarterbacks coming out of high school and showed he can perform at a high level against some of the best competition in college football.   He will have his pick of just about any of the top tier P5 schools around the country in need of a QB.  

but why would we not at least reach out to him?  We need the mentality of we can get this guy....WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS???  We might just talk to them at the right time....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

14 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

but why would we not at least reach out to him?  We need the mentality of we can get this guy....WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS???  We might just talk to them at the right time....

I agree with that sentiment.  However, I assume he's looking for a place that can win a national championship and prepare him for a possible career in the NFL and not looking for a G5 school simply looking to become bowl eligible.  Furthermore, I doubt he'll want to walk into the middle of a complete rebuilding project.  At this point, I would focus our attention on righting the ship this season and let the recruiting fall in line thereafter.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

I agree with that sentiment.  However, I assume he's looking for a place that can win a national championship and prepare him for a possible career in the NFL and not looking for a G5 school simply looking to become bowl eligible.  Furthermore, I doubt he'll want to walk into the middle of a complete rebuilding project.  At this point, I would focus our attention on righting the ship this season and let the recruiting fall in line thereafter.  

you still got to try.  What does it hurt to reach out to him.  He listens and moves on.  Larry Bird went to Indiana right out of HS.  Spent 1 year at Indiana and wanted to be closer to home.  he then transferred to Indiana St.  Weirder things have happened....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

you still got to try.  What does it hurt to reach out to him.  He listens and moves on.  Larry Bird went to Indiana right out of HS.  Spent 1 year at Indiana and wanted to be closer to home.  he then transferred to Indiana St.  Weirder things have happened....

Does Larry Bird have a poster of you on his wall with your hand down the toilet wrangling a turd?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

He may have a favorite aunt that went to North Texas.  Or his car is a bright shade of green.  Or he likes eagles.  He has already made one decision that didn't work.  He can go to a P5 school and risk being the QB that never worked out or come to North Texas and have a practice field named after him.

Remember that guy that kept asking pretty girls for a kiss ?  He got slapped a lot, but he got kissed a lot.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

On July 9, 2016 at 8:11 AM, TreeFiddy said:

What are we assuming that he hasn't already been asked?

don't know the answer to that but many think we should not even bother.  All i am saying is it does not hurt to try.  

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2