Cool new UNT website front page

Harry

4 hours ago, GMG24 said:

3 different shades of green and I didn't even have to scroll... ???

http://125.unt.edu/tradition/traditions-spirit#mean-green-nickname

oh dear baby Jesus!!! Got the "Mean Green" tradition wrong... On the main page 

What part of that is wrong? Defense was called Mean Green and later Joe Greene got the nickname. Both see correct. I must have missed something. Please help

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, North Texas Shep said:

What part of that is wrong? Defense was called Mean Green and later Joe Greene got the nickname. Both see correct. I must have missed something. Please help

I guess the way I read it they were including Joe Greene whose nickname was "Mean" which would give off the thought process that somehow it was named after him.  I guess I just don't understand why even do that.  Also, someone on here said who started the "Mean Green" chant while we were on defense.  I think it was a presidents wife or something similar.  Help me if I'm wrong? 

Went back and re read it, and it does clearly distinguish.  Nothing new here I miss read something AND look like a doofus. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I guess the way I read it they were including Joe Greene whose nickname was "Mean" which would give off the thought process that somehow it was named after him.  I guess I just don't understand why even do that.  Also, someone on here said who started the "Mean Green" chant while we were on defense.  I think it was a presidents wife or something similar.  Help me if I'm wrong? 

Went back and re read it, and it does clearly distinguish.  Nothing new here I miss read something AND look like a doofus. 

that's the first step.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

19 hours ago, MDH said:

Dizzying low quality video? No thanks.

It's a GIF, not a video. That said, they could do to spend some time at https://www.reddit.com/r/highqualitygifs and get it at a better compression...

19 hours ago, drex said:

Looks good to me...of course, I have dizzy vision.  Glad to see so much athletic emphasis on the website.

Including a featured tweet by, wait for it, Dajon Wiliams! Bwahaha.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GMG24 said:

It was the SID's wife and Joe Greene's nickname in college was "Big Joe."

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

It's just not detailed enough, so it's not clear.

Love love the new ribbon like icon with the eagle in the top left hand corner! That is a fantastic new direction for our iconography.  I'd love to get that on a nice little sticker for the back of my car. 

Great job UNT on this new direction for our homepage.

The video appears to be an MP4, 1280x720. 2 megabits a second is a bit low for a desktop, but a data rate to view on a phone - that's what's coming through on my system. Personally, I would have changed the frame rate to 24 or even 12 to get more of a "film look" since they were going for a very flat look anyway. But I would not call it low quality. 

Apple suggests 2.2 megbits for iPhone 4s and older - there are a LOT of those still around.