2018 CB TANNER MCCALISTER Rockwall-Heath High School

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4129553/5721d82090eead5d90e069da

SMU according his to twitter has already offered.Comes in at 6' and 185lbs...

none of the staff is following.. not but figured i could pass it along and maybe someone on the staff could be interested.

here is his twitter https://twitter.com/tanmyman0127

he isn't far from Denton, could be a local pick up.. also scouts.com has he ranked 113 in the nation, and #3 CB in the state, #12 in the nation.

• Upvote 1

This young man highlights how the star system works and how many young men that don't attend summer camps can get overlooked.  McCalister, in two years, has 31 tackles, 2 passes broken up and 1 interception on defense.  On offense, he has 117 rushing attempts for 499 yards and 7 TD's with 8 receptions for 112 yards and 1 TD.  Nothing really to write home about, 4.2 yards per rushing attempt, and overall, not much production, but his athletic ability is obvious, and he has participated in summer camps to exhibit his ability to many "recruiting experts."  I would love to sign kids like this, but I also prefer young men that produced on the field. 

This is an area that Dickey excelled at when building our teams during the early Sun Belt run.  DD found young men that were overlooked because they might not have the exposure of others.  Patrick Cobbs and Johnny Quinn, two HOF members, are perfect examples.  I believe, that to really build our program and to make it attractive to the 3 and 4 star kids, we have to find these young men that just produce when the lights come on.  They run faster and harder during a game than against the clock and just produce.  Chris Hurd is another great example.  Gamers will allow us to build this program, and then once it is built, we will be able to attract the higher rated recruits that we are currently after yet rarely sign.  Just make sure we have a coaching staff like the one we have currently that are relentless on the recruiting trail.

(Of course, after watching his highlights, I am not sure how accurate those stats are that are listed on his page.)

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This young man highlights how the star system works and how many young men that don't attend summer camps can get overlooked.  McCalister, in two years, has 31 tackles, 2 passes broken up and 1 interception on defense.  On offense, he has 117 rushing attempts for 499 yards and 7 TD's with 8 receptions for 112 yards and 1 TD.  Nothing really to write home about, 4.2 yards per rushing attempt, and overall, not much production, but his athletic ability is obvious, and he has participated in summer camps to exhibit his ability to many "recruiting experts."  I would love to sign kids like this, but I also prefer young men that produced on the field. 

This is an area that Dickey excelled at when building our teams during the early Sun Belt run.  DD found young men that were overlooked because they might not have the exposure of others.  Patrick Cobbs and Johnny Quinn, two HOF members, are perfect examples.  I believe, that to really build our program and to make it attractive to the 3 and 4 star kids, we have to find these young men that just produce when the lights come on.  They run faster and harder during a game than against the clock and just produce.  Chris Hurd is another great example.  Gamers will allow us to build this program, and then once it is built, we will be able to attract the higher rated recruits that we are currently after yet rarely sign.  Just make sure we have a coaching staff like the one we have currently that are relentless on the recruiting trail.

(Of course, after watching his highlights, I am not sure how accurate those stats are that are listed on his page.)

This is the best post this year that I have read on this recruiting forum

applause clapping charlie sheen golf clap reactiongifs

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

In this day and time with all the media & social media can u still find those kind of kids? Hope so!