North Texas athletics presence at the fireworks?

Was there any??? 

What a perfect opportunity to (A) Hand out FREE (yes free) vouchers redeemable for one ticket to game for every single person (including kids, which I think is most important) who walked through that gate or (B) at the very least have a table for those interested to provide some basic information and personally hand them a voucher for a FREE ticket to come back. 

New Athletic Director - seize every opportunity to market your program.  A few (yes, I mean hundreds if not more) free vouchers to get people into our stadium won't hurt our program or bottom line at this point in the process.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

So you're saying that a table inside of our own stadium couldn't have been negotiated ahead of tume wkth the Kiwanis?  

We are who we are because we do what we do

I like the idea.  Not sure what is allowed for such things.  I have touted giving tkts away for 5 years.  Mentioned it to the past staff on several occasions....not on a msg board....maybe my bad for that???  Suggested middle school/High School, even pee wee league teams get a tkt for every player.  Fill the wings.... 

• Downvote 6

54 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I like the idea.  Not sure what is allowed for such things.  I have touted giving tkts away for 5 years.  Mentioned it to the past staff on several occasions....not on a msg board....maybe my bad for that???  Suggested middle school/High School, even pee wee league teams get a tkt for every player.  Fill the wings.... 

Agree with setting up at local high schools. 

I like most people don't want to be force feed something but a table sat up offering a free ticket to anyone who provides basic information (name, email address, up to them if they fill in address and/or phone number).

#Trynewthingstogetbuttsinseats 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

In this crazy world of the internet, set up a link on the main athletic site that allows you to request a ticket or a BOGO ticket in the wing in exchange for providing your contact information.

Send an offer to every alumni and maybe even include people that never graduated.  Email is cheap. Regular mail a little less cheap.  Make a big deal of the new football coach.  Talk up #NewDenton, get them back in the stadium.  Many have never seen the new stadium.

It takes planning, it takes a plan, it takes effort.

There are countless ways to reach out.  Someone should be making sure that we exploit every avenue available.

We have to get rid of the people in the AD that believe they have already tried everything and 'nothing works'.  Those that think everything has already been tried provide very little value to the department because they are already defeated.

Maybe it isn't the message, but the messenger.  And maybe new messengers will have some new ideas.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1