North Texas Football Uniforms

ADLER

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Tell that to Baylor......or Oregon for that matter.

I think everyone is sick of the shades of green. One year it's dark green, the next year it's almost lime green, then it's Kelly green. No one cares about different uniforms but it's pretty stupid when our fans can't figure out what green our school is because of one moron at the athletic department. And it's usually one moron. We switched to forest green from Kelly Green one year simply because the head coach liked dark green. Most schools would lynch a coach for that. Baylor and Oregon change configuration of the same colors. UNT can't even get the shade of green correct at the union bookstore. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I can't stand the color green or the look we had under Mac.  The color looked like a hwy sign, a dull green.  It needs to be a brighter shade of green, similar to what we have on our helmets.  That color of green is very popular right now!  Hopefully they make the numbers bigger too.  The small numbers on the green uniforms this year were awful.  I think once we find an awesome uniform we will stick to it, just haven't found one yet.  

Edited by MeanGreen01
Typos
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, TheWestie said:

We used the same dark shade of Forest Green from 1983 when we abandoned the Hayden Fry era Flying Worm uniforms until 2007 when the Todd Dodge era coincided with the University as a whole changing to a new shade of green as part of the same new branding campaign that introduced the SOW

We went back to Kelly after '83 and used that till after '92 or '93.

Also, the branding campaign that introduced the SOW logo was in '03.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, TheWestie said: 

But even on the University's own brand licensing web site, they use a photo that shows how many different shades ofgreen our officially licensed products can come in.

feature_tailgate.jpg

Hah! They're still using this picture on the URCM website? I remember doing this photo shoot like 7 years ago...

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TheWestie said:

Here they look too Kelly Green because the whole photo has too much yellow in it. My laptop screen wasn't calibrated right back then.AX117_6757_9.jpg

the problem with this picture is that it is being distorted by how F****** awesome Lance Dunbar was... it's hard for the camera to properly catch Lance when he was blowing by defenders

I personally liked the Dickey uni's coming in as a freshman i thought the forest green was kick ass, then they changed it halfway through my time there... hated the Dodge uni's... actually really liked the initial Mac uni's... HATE the new ones.

let's just change our color to neon yellow...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Pick a color that is easy to find and easy to duplicate. It would seem that either kelly or forest green are the two most common shades of green. Pick one.

We are not alone in this struggle. It seems like it happens more when schools try to get cute with their color scheme and the fanbase is stuck with trying to get close, but many times the color isn't quite right.

• Upvote 1

I think more than finding a color or a "look" we've gotta find our style/brand. Oregon's able to roll out a different uniform and color every week because they've honed in on the style for all their uni's -- modern, innovative, flashy, etc. Which is a perfect match for their brand of football. So, tah dah, it works. 

Same with Baylor. Same with TCU. Same with all the other "me too" schools out there. 

Penn St and Alabama, on the other hand, field a solid color uni with a single-striped helmet and no added razzle dazzle. Which lines up perfectly with the types of football programs they run, the playbooks they run, etc. Classic, no nonsense football.

So what are we about? What's that uni supposed to say about the team and the program? Answer that, agree on it, and the uniform talk becomes a pretty easy one.

Regardless, last year's uniforms should be donated to rag bin immediately. 

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Rick, I think your time line is off a bit. Weren't we Forrest green through all of the DD years?

17 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Kelley green was used until 93 then Simon demanded it be switched for 94. He also started trying to use Navy blue whenever he could. None of the players were happy either. He didn't care though. We always had terrible branding back then. It's getting better though.