Vote....Vote now!

There seems to me to be a bias toward capacity (size matters) and history/tradition; and yeah, SMUt's place is not bad but it is not Apogee quality.

• Upvote 4

someone actually said we are 2nd from the last 

Team Points   Points Castillo Buettner DuPont Karels Jeyarajah Grosbard Holland Vito
Texas A&M (5) 92   12 Texas Baylor Texas A&M Texas A&M Baylor Texas A&M Texas A&M Texas A&M
Baylor (2) 84   11 Texas A&M TCU Texas Texas Texas A&M Texas Baylor Baylor
Texas (1) 83   10 Baylor Texas A&M Texas Tech Baylor SMU Baylor Texas Texas
TCU 68   9 TCU Texas TCU Texas Tech Texas UTSA TCU Texas Tech
Texas Tech 61   8 Texas Tech SMU Baylor TCU Houston TCU UTSA TCU
Houston 53   7 Houston Rice Houston Houston Texas Tech Texas Tech Texas Tech UNT
SMU 48   6 SMU Houston UTEP SMU TCU Houston Houston Houston
UTSA 39   5 UNT UTSA UTSA UTSA UNT SMU SMU SMU
UNT 34   4 UTSA Texas Tech UNT UTEP UTEP UNT UNT UTEP
UTEP 24   3 Texas State UNT SMU Rice Texas State Texas State UTEP Texas State
Rice 20   2 Rice Texas State Rice UNT Rice Rice Texas State UTSA
Texas State 18   1 UTEP UTEP Texas State Texas State UTSA UTEP Rice Rice

I'm sure it's a lovely article but the DaMN has put the vast majority of their articles behind a paywall. We'll see how it works for them once football season ramps up but as few articles I read from their site, it's not worth the 9.99/month they want.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

I'm sure it's a lovely article but the DaMN has put the vast majority of their articles behind a paywall. We'll see how it works for them once football season ramps up but as few articles I read from their site, it's not worth the 9.99/month they want.

So copy the URL and open an incognito window....then paste.....and done

48 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

So copy the URL and open an incognito window....then paste.....and done

It worked like a charm for me.  Good idea.  

My order would be Texas A&M, Baylor, UT, Houston, Tech, UNT, TCU (any further renovations would push them in front of us imo) then the rest of the crowd. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

I called them to let them know I would not be visiting their site again since they went pay-per-view.  Too many other free options....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I called them to let them know I would not be visiting their site again since they went pay-per-view.  Too many other free options....

As has been pointed on in a few different posts.  It is pretty simple to keep reading for free.  They have set the bar pretty low to get around.

14 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

TDECU is a dump. It's an erector set with a half assed upper deck. Super disappointing.

I agree with your assessment.  After walking the entire thing a while back I look at it as they spent their money on capacity in lieu of quality.  Apogee was built with a focus on quality in lieu of capacity.  Personally I like our approach better as capacity can always be added later.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

I agree with your assessment.  After walking the entire thing a while back I look at it as they spent their money on capacity in lieu of quality.  Apogee was built with a focus on quality in lieu of capacity.  Personally I like our approach better as capacity can always be added later.

Yeah. Unfortunately, I was hoping it would be a nice place to watch a game, but on my visit I was just super disappointed. It feels massive and I do like the cut-out so that you can see into downtown...but it just feels like a scaled down, cheap version of a 80,000 seat stadium. Not really sure what UH was going for. And the architecture doesn't match anythign on campus. Apogee is small but exudes quality. I'd prefer it that way. Of course I'm biased to Apogee...but TDECU is a letdown that'll look outdated in ten years.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

Curious, has anyone been to the Sun Bowl? 

In my lifetime, probably more times than Fouts/Apogee.

It's an underappreciated venue, for an underappreciated fan base.  Geography has a big role in that.

The bowl sits cupped into the side of a mountain, effectively acting like a speaker cone when things get roudy.  It is fun.  I wouldn't say top-of-this-list fun, but a worthy road trip for once in your life, as long as the crowd is 40K+.

EDIT: Just realized the TTech highlights I chose to share below feature a certain QB named Harrell.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1