Hank Dickenson advertising for the AD job

UNT90

A man who would sit behind RV for fifteen years and go-along-to-get-along doesn't have the drive to get the job done that needs doing. I nominate this guy for the job:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 6/24/2016 at 7:34 PM, rcade said:

I don't care how much money fans spend to make Hank AD as long as they fail.

Hiring someone from inside UNT to run athletics is like expecting Steak-umm to taste like a Ruth's Chris ribeye. No one who spent an entire career under RV has any idea what makes a winning program. They've never experienced one.

Only at North Texas would this scenario even be a consideration.

Makes me sad and I am not buying football tickets until I know who we hire as AD, and then I will decide if I still want to purchase.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:19 PM, TreeFiddy said:

Pretty sure they support all options for repairing the cracks in this athletic department. 

Man... now you're just piling on.  The guy's more than a slab of meat!

• Upvote 3

On June 27, 2016 at 0:01 PM, KingDL1 said:

Only at North Texas would this scenario even be a consideration.

Makes me sad and I am not buying football tickets until I know who we hire as AD, and then I will decide if I still want to purchase.

Well, George Dunham is certainly busy trying to take care of a friend at the expense of his alma mater, so I don't blame you for waiting.

They aren't going anywhere.

Where else would anyone in the fan base consider hiring from within the worst AD in America? The fact that any alum, much less one with pretty big influence, would propose this insane idea shows you just how dysfunctional this place has become/remained. 

No wonder so many walk away. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

I listen to the musers every morning, but I do not agree with George. We need a change in the athletic department. Nepotism is not going to move the athletic department forward. We need a fresh set of eyes that will think outside of the box, and create solutions for these reoccuring problems. Out with the old, and in with the new.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 6

I have no reason to believe that George is picking friendship over his university.   He probably believes that Hank is the best person for the job.   As far as Dickenson, I find it hard to criticize  him both for not being more aggressive during the RV reign, and now aggressively going for the AD job.  However,  I think a top number 2 guy should have been able to persuade a weak AD to make necessary changes in the department.     

I don't support Dickenson for the AD position, and it has a lot less to do with him individually than it is just way past time for complete change at the top.     Yes, it is possible that Hank could be that change-maker, but perception counts.   I think it is imperative that NT fully demonstrates it is ready for compete change in athletics.     

• Upvote 5

This isn't complicated. You have to ask the question, "Would any of the athletics departments at the other 128 schools with a FBS football program hire Hank as Athletic Director?". If the answer is no, that should be the end of the discussion.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

This isn't complicated. You have to ask the question, "Would any of the athletics departments at the other 128 schools with a FBS football program hire Hank as Athletic Director?". If the answer is no, that should be the end of the discussion.

Well, they haven't, have they?...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

5 hours ago, TheWestie said:

Driving past Apogee today I noticed that the hatch on top of the electronic sign is fixed. 

Hank has been interim AD for less than two weeks and the hatch got fixed.

Does he deserve a shot?

Question no info.

No

Answer no info  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, TheWestie said:

Driving past Apogee today I noticed that the hatch on top of the electronic sign is fixed. 

Hank has been interim AD for less than two weeks and the hatch got fixed.

Does he deserve a shot?

Question no info.

Well, Hank getting that hatch closed proves he can lead us to a top 25 ranking and a sweet 16 birth.

Just ask George Dunham...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

On July 1, 2016 at 11:35 AM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

And, I like Jub.  I'd go for a Hank and Jub, Co-ADship.  With Craig Miller as Assistant Co-AD, Oklahoma City/San Antonio Campus.

Craig Miller could probably relate to more UNT Alumni than Hank or Jub ever could...there are far more alums who have adopted a P5 giant as "their" team even though their degree is from UNT. Maybe Craig Miller could tap into that crowd...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Well, Hank getting that hatch closed proves he can lead us to a top 25 ranking and a sweet 16 birth.

Just ask George Dunham...

The UNT90 train has jumped the RV tracks and is full steam ahead on the Dunham attack tracks.  

I pity the fool.

14sEXt0KR3W1QA.gif

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Stan R said:

The UNT90 train has jumped the RV tracks and is full steam ahead on the Dunham attack tracks.  

I pity the fool.

14sEXt0KR3W1QA.gif

Meh. Just trying to do my part to combat the substantially large influence of an alum with the #1 rated morning show on local radio. 

Who decided to use every single ounce of that influence to try to get a friend a job despite knowing it wasn't best for UNT. Despicable. Lost a lot of respect for him as a person and an alumni. I'm sure he cares. Lol. 

But, hey, I'm just a stupid poster on a fan web site. How could I possibly influence anything? 

Hire a youngish, aggressive AD who has been an AD at a lower level and turned around a program at that level.

Stop doing the same dysfunctional thing, UNT.   

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

On July 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Stan R said:

I pity the fool.

14sEXt0KR3W1QA.gif

"Prediction?"

"PAIN"

I love that movie. 

As much as I hate to admit it, I think UNT90 is right in this case. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/22/2016 at 4:40 PM, UNT90 said:

Via Frenchy and via at least one mobile billboard in Denton. 

Unbelievable.

I guess I don't quite understand this post.  I would expect that Hank would be politicking and doing whatever needed to get the job.  He loves this town and this community, is a great guy and wants a job.... I think we all go for jobs we want?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On July 2, 2016 at 10:24 PM, UNT90 said:

Meh. Just trying to do my part to combat the substantially large influence of an alum with the #1 rated morning show on local radio. 

Who decided to use every single ounce of that influence to try to get a friend a job despite knowing it wasn't best for UNT. Despicable. Lost a lot of respect for him as a person and an alumni. I'm sure he cares. Lol. 

But, hey, I'm just a stupid poster on a fan web site. How could I possibly influence anything? 

Hire a youngish, aggressive AD who has been an AD at a lower level and turned around a program at that level.

Stop doing the same dysfunctional thing, UNT.   

Legit question.... you think George is openly campaigning for what he thinks isn't the best for UNT? Look, I don't want them to hire Hank either.... I'm also open to believe George is a good high profile alum who cares overwhelmingly about NT and legitimately thinks Hank is the right choice. Sure, they're friends and that sways it... but I don't think George wants anything more than UNT to be successful.... even when i disagree with him, which I do here. 

Edited by CaribbeanGreen
  • Upvote 4