SMU fans predicting good crowd for UNT opener

Harry

Re: Season Opener: SMU at NTSU 6:00 p.m.

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:41 pm

Stallion wrote:Fine with me-then we might actually have a few fans at the Game

I am pretty confident we will sell out our allotment at the very least for this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just like fans on here predicting a sellout of Apogee for the first SMU home game.

Fans over predicting 

The 300 -100...

oh, and if you wanna see a dead zone, drop by Ponyfans anytime. Same 5 dudes posting about once every 3 hours.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

Re: Season Opener: SMU at NTSU 6:00 p.m.

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:41 pm

Stallion wrote:Fine with me-then we might actually have a few fans at the Game

I am pretty confident we will sell out our allotment at the very least for this one.

laughing pointing courteney cox ace ventura hahaha

• Upvote 6

24 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

Is their allotment 20 or 30 seats this year?

We can calculate what their attendance might be. The band is "79 Guys and a Dog", that is 80. Then Mummy and Daddy, that is another 160. Then assorted fraternity and sorority-types, say 200. Players' families and friends, SMUt faculty and miscellaneous pervs will add another 200. That adds up to 640 before another 60 as a fudge factor. They will fill 700 seats, which is a tremendous turnout for them. That would seem to me to be far short of the standard allotment for a visiting team to Apogee. JMHO.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

We can calculate what their attendance might be. The band is "79 Guys and a Dog", that is 80. Then Mummy and Daddy, that is another 160. Then assorted fraternity and sorority-types, say 200. Players' families and friends, SMUt faculty and miscellaneous pervs will add another 200. That adds up to 640 before another 60 as a fudge factor. They will fill 700 seats, which is a tremendous turnout for them. That would seem to me to be far short of the standard allotment for a visiting team to Apogee. JMHO.

Last time they brought 500 less than this number, and the band doesn't pay for tickets. 

Something wrong with your math, fella. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I was actually shocked how few fans they brought to Denton last time. The people I spoke to were really nice folks and disappointed in their turnout. As a UNT fan I can completely sympathize with them on that feeling. Although we brought a lot of people to Dallas last year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

They'll bring the average (true) attendance of one of their home games.  I figure we should buy them a family four pack to feed them all and to be hospitable.

No they won't. 4,000 ain't showing up in Denton

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Last time they brought 500 less than this number, and the band doesn't pay for tickets. 

Something wrong with your math, fella. 

In my defense, I wasn't counting dollars, just butts. And we can agree they are all butts. So, 700 sounded about right to me given a favorable starting time and assuming reasonable weather and no TV. The video showed about three sections of red in the lower bowl so I stand on my wild-ass guess. We can certainly agree that 700 is absolutely sucky and definitely underperforming.

• Upvote 1

Even in that 43-6 game, our QB play was atrocious and misleading.    The few mid range passes that were completed were ducks and the receivers had to dive or come back for the ball.   All of the other completions were basically screens.     SMU was just so bad on defense.

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to watching a NT game where I am not cringing anytime the QB drops back to pass.

They might bring more, since the last year they came to Apogee,, They had pretty much thrown in the towel with their head coach. I think a lot of them are more willing to see their new head coach in command in Denton. I'm not saying that they will bring a lot though... I still can't comprehend how they can't travel a little over 40 miles to see a game. It's almost another home game..

I'll go with 900-1000 SMU fans.. And that's being generous..

17 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Well, the game won't be on TV so SMU can't use the excuse of staying home to watch the game this time around.

Is ASN not TV?

18 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Is ASN not TV?

If memory serves me correctly, the game was on the local channel 21 (sister station to CBS) however I can't recall the channel's callsign off the top of my head. I am pretty certain it wasn't a national broadcast, just local.

Edited by UNTFan23

16 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

If memory serves me correctly, the game was on the local channel 21 (sister station to CBS) however I can't recall the channel's callsign off the top of my head. I am pretty certain it wasn't a national broadcast, just local.

It was the early slot on Fox Sports Regionals (FSSW for us).  That was why it was moved to a breakfast kickoff.