Dishonesty

UNT90

Why is UNT paying someone in athletics to promote the accomplishments of the AD we just got rid of?

I question the judgment of Hank Dickenson for having the department devote any time to this.

We're supposed to be looking forward, not trying to spin the record of Rick Villarreal to make people like him better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, rcade said:

Why is UNT paying someone in athletics to promote the accomplishments of the AD we just got rid of?

I question the judgment of Hank Dickenson for having the department devote any time to this.

We're supposed to be looking forward, not trying to spin the record of Rick Villarreal to make people like him better.

Yep.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, rcade said:

The writer is on staff and his job is to write promotional type articles on current events in the athletic department. If that like most of those jobs, he supposed to turn out a given number of columns a week. If you look at the website, they've got articles on tennis, a track guy who got a post-grad scholarship, a preview of soccer and even an article on women's basketball. It's the man's job to write article like that! 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

The writer is on staff and his job is to write promotional type articles on current events in the athletic department. If that like most of those jobs, he supposed to turn out a given number of columns a week. If you look at the website, they've got articles on tennis, a track guy who got a post-grad scholarship, a preview of soccer and even an article on women's basketball. It's the man's job to write article like that! 

No, it isn't. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

47 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

The writer is on staff and his job is to write promotional type articles on current events in the athletic department.

Promoting the reputation of Rick Villarreal right after he was ousted doesn't help UNT in any way. It only helps him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Boys, if the stadium could have been done earlier, it would have been done earlier. I am reaching out to UNT90 and others and ask that we move on. The bottom line is that we now have great facilities, especially for those of us who schooled when Denton was a dry county, no interstate to Ft. Worth, Fouts field, and the Men's Gym. Rick is gone. Lets hope his replacement can raise money, increase the fan base,hire winning coaches, and change the culture of UNT.Go EAGLES.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, wardly said:

Boys, if the stadium could have been done earlier, it would have been done earlier. I am reaching out to UNT90 and others and ask that we move on. The bottom line is that we now have great facilities, especially for those of us who schooled when Denton was a dry county, no interstate to Ft. Worth, Fouts field, and the Men's Gym. Rick is gone. Lets hope his replacement can raise money, increase the fan base,hire winning coaches, and change the culture of UNT.Go EAGLES.

I am fully prepared to move on as long as others (like this author) will do so also without trying to turn a firing into an RV love fest by being dishonest with the fan base.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

• Harry locked this topic