Dishonesty

UNT90

http://m.meangreensports.com/m/sports/mg-club/spec-rel/062016aac.html

This. This is the type of dishonesty that needs to stop coming out of the mouths of those employed by the AD. It's fine to give the former AD credit for facilities, but to blatantly and intentionally ignore the first failed vote for an athletic fee and then not even mention the student leadership role in actually getting the athletic fee passed that led to the stadium is just outright dishonest. And this isn't an article oked by RV. This has today's date, meaning this is the type of crap we can expect from Hank Dickenson.

Be honest with your fans. It really isn't hard, North Texas Athletic Department. 

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 15

There is definitely something fishy about the author of that piece.

986.JPG

PS - That fish is a Northern Pike...get it?

Edited by EagleMBA

22 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

@UNT90get over yourself. 

This is not a zero sum game.  It is possible to respect a man for his accomplishments even after his being fired for his deficiencies. 

You yourself were singing his praises not that many years ago.  Should I label you a flip-flopper?  

Only truly stupid people refuse to change their opinion when presented with evidence that shows their opinion is invalid. 

I have no problem giving the former AD credit for HIS TRUE ROLE  in facility development. Being dishonest on the very first day RV has left the building isn't what anyone in this athletic department should be doing, but I'm beginning to wonder if that's the only thing they know how to do. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 15

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I thought this was a well written article and very fair.  This was written by a very long term, devout Mean Green fan who happens to work for the athletic department.  I saw honesty in what he wrote.   Stomping on epitaphs is unbecoming, unnecessary.  We're all frustrated about the place we are right now but we are in a better position than we have been before.  Time to move on.

I agree. I wish the writer had felt the same way.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 13

If our guys still played in Fouts and they were winning consistently, then I would be happier (With that being said... I love Apogee and it is awesome). Plus, how much did RV have to do with the stadium? Any AD out there would have been tried to get a damn stadium. I really want someone to tell me why he gets so much credit for it. Was it really just his magic that got it done?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, North Texas Shep said:

If our guys still played in Fouts and they were winning consistently, then I would be happier (With that being said... I love Apogee and it is awesome). Plus, how much did RV have to do with the stadium? Any AD out there would have been tried to get a damn stadium. I really want someone to tell me why he gets so much credit for it. Was it really just his magic that got it done?

Actually him staying the hell away from the vote is what got it done. I don't care if you acknowledge that and give him credit for being smart enough to realize the culture at UNT, but don't completely ignore the fact that the student government and people like @UNTflyer made HUGE contributions to getting it done. And don't ignore the fact that RV tried and failed once previously to get t done. This fan base has been lied to enough. We certainly don't need someone trying to pump up the legacy of the man who did nothing with the facilities that he HELPED build. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 9

1 hour ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Now this funny. 

Quiet or loud it wont matter what the fan base does. They will hire who they want to hire. You could fly a banner or buy ads. It wont matter.  

That's what people said when the banner flew.

I won't argue the point. People in power are a lot more cognizant of what is said in this board than you realize. But I'm not just talking about this board. People should be contacting Pres. Smatresk directly and expressing their opinion. 

I have. Have you?

1 hour ago, Quoner said:

Always a mythical, important internet quest to complete. The fate of the kingdom again hangs in the balance. Will the one true warrior again takes up his sword and keyboard to deliver us all?

knight_logo.jpg

We all have our roles, don't we court jester? ?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

7 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Actually him staying the hell away from the vote is what got it done. I don't care if you acknowledge that and give him credit for being smart enough to realize the culture at UNT, but don't completely ignore the fact that the student government and people like @UNTflyer made HUGE contributions to getting it done. And don't ignore the fact that RV tried and failed once previously to get t done. This fan base has been lied to enough. We certainly don't need someone trying to pump up the legacy of the man who did nothing with the facilities that he HELPED build. 

I think the article is fair, it clearly states at the beginning that he had a horrible record in 2 of the 3 major sports which was your major gripe with the man. You are acting as if he had absolutely no role in facilities improvements. He did. 

No, no, no, no, never, never, never, never!!!!!!!!

Anyone that judges coaching hires by anything but results just doesn't get it. Results have been terrible in major sports hires 3 times, with the possibility of a 4th (depending on how the football season turns out). Results are important, at least to a few of us.

RV has been great with facilities, but be honest about his failures. Coaching hires have been, well, far below average, and that is being nice

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I think the article is fair, it clearly states at the beginning that he had a horrible record in 2 of the 3 major sports which was your major gripe with the man. You are acting as if he had absolutely no role in facilities improvements. He did. 

Hardly how I'm acting. They give him complete credit for the stadium. That's horse manure. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

That's what people said when the banner flew.

I won't argue the point. People in power are a lot more cognizant of what is said in this board than you realize. But I'm not just talking about this board. People should be contacting Pres. Smatresk directly and expressing their opinion. 

I have. Have you?

My comments are banned from the President's office. Blacklisted for life

Those people that are cognizant of this fanatical fan forum are probably a large reason why we fail so much then. 

• Upvote 2