DRC: Dickenson the right person for UNT’s athletic director

Harry

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

Well great. Since I visited the Denton CVB website I'm now seeing their ads everywhere. 

Perhaps she doesn't care at all about Hank and it's all a complicated click bait plot. 

I forget that there are those out there who still don't have an AdBlock employed within their browser. Do it! You will be much saner for it!

I don't like criticizing Hank. I enjoy him on the broadcasts.

But I don't want anyone inside UNT athletics to be considered for the AD position.

Bring someone in with experience at a program where they had sustained success. No one at UNT has any idea what that is like.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Well great. Since I visited the Denton CVB website I'm now seeing their ads everywhere. 

Perhaps she doesn't care at all about Hank and it's all a complicated click bait plot. 

For the GMG.com army? I can see us and our massive head count ready to raid their website.  There are tens of us!   TENS OF US!

55237935.jpg

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Does we have any ideas of people outside of the program that we would like to see here??? 

Also, what do you think RV did his first day after UNT?

He is somewhere in Florida sharing a Grey Goose infused toddy with a former coach who was also able to take early retirement on our tab because why not North Texas.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Does we have any ideas of people outside of the program that we would like to see here??? 

Donate part of his last check to USM athletics? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

He started on a self-improvement program at 24 Hour Fitness under the direction of his personal trainer.

200.gif200.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On June 20, 2016 at 8:22 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Exactly.  This is Chico after Dodge's firing all over again.  He wanted the job badly, a lot of people--and key people--were very vocal in their support of him, he brought experience and continuity to the table, but he was ruled out from the get-go.

EDIT: I just read Billy See's post. 

xT5LMGTu9Vtem9cXQc.gif

We need very little continuity with the old regime.  And especially at the AD position.  Only the basic business relationships program has developed and the work of the NCAA compliance team needs to be held on to.  Arguably these were the only parts of the Athletic Department that were performing at a satisfactory level consistently.  Hank is a part of that business relationship team.  I could see Hank as the AD after maybe a high priced "hired gun" spends about 6 years cleaning up the mess RV left.  Time to change part of the culture that holds the department back.  Kind of like bring in Pat Riley as head coach or GM for short period to right the ship then hand it off to someone with local ties groomed to continue the new positive direction.  At that point Hank may not be interested or have enough energy for the demand of the job.  If that is the case the God bless him but there are too many old Alumni that seen too much garbage over the years to let the good ole boy network make this hire.  If you graduated before 1990 you deserve to see a couple CUSA championship while you can still walk to your seats.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

I forget that there are those out there who still don't have an AdBlock employed within their browser. Do it! You will be much saner for it!

I am the guy that puts those ads in your face (Not these particular ones) and I lament not being able to use it myself..... but then I can't see my client's ads.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Since Hank is campaigning for the job, he should come on this board and tell us why he wants it and what his specific goals would be if he got the job. I, for one, would like to see us model ourselves after U of H.  As I stated in another topic, they're doing something right.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:08 AM, NorthTexan95 said:

As I said before, I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if Hank was hired as the new AD.  However, I would be somewhat disappointed if the new AD couldn't find a place for Hank in his staff.  I believe Hank can be part of a good AD office but not as AD.  

Keep Hank on to maintain the local business community relationships, but bring in a big hitter to build and establish us as a major player on the national stage. That's what I'd like to see.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

Since Hank is campaigning for the job, he should come on this board and tell us why he wants it and what his specific goals would be if he got the job. I, for one, would like to see us model ourselves after U of H.  As I stated in another topic, they're doing something right.

Keep Hank on to maintain the local business community relationships, but bring in a big hitter to build and establish us as a major player on the national stage. That's what I'd like to see.

No offense but the only people he is probably concerned about at this point is the Prez and BMD. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

And therein lies the problem.

I am just saying to put yourself in his shoes. He surely is not worried about gaining the support of those on this board. That is not a problem, that is just smart business. The people making the decision are the Prez and BMDs. 

10 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

I am just saying to put yourself in his shoes. He surely is not worried about gaining the support of those on this board. That is not a problem, that is just smart business. The people making the decision are the Prez and BMDs. 

I understand who is making the decision. I just think part of the underlying problem is treating your fan base with disregard which I know has happened on many occasions. IMHO, that's a problem.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Hank Dickenson should be very concerned with how the fans feel. I'm sure he has already reached out to several of his friends in the fan base to make sure they are at this meeting on Monday and are vocal in support of his candidacy. 

Thats what politicians do...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On June 20, 2016 at 5:03 PM, jdennis82 said:

Hank may be the victim of his own loyalty to RV as I find it tough to visualize him as the new AD partly because I never saw him as aspiring to hold that position at North Texas or elsewhere.

I think it's very possible to be "a fan of Hank" and appreciate all he's done for our university while also feeling that a wholly new perspective is needed in Denton.  

this is like chico's idea to play all the qb against Utep-it is a plan to fail

• Upvote 1