DRC: Dickenson the right person for UNT’s athletic director

Harry

I'm grateful to Hank for his many years of service to UNT, but I don't want him or any other member of RV's leadership team to become our next AD. I never heard Hank speak out against what was going on. At best he turned a blind eye to problems that have plagued our athletics. In my opinion, that doesn't merit getting the AD job. If Minnisota doesn't snag NIU's AD, he'd be a good option.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I understand because of your distance living away and all but I know for a fact he's contacted folks about it around town.  

I promise you, he wants the job.

Rick

I believe you.  My second point is that there are plenty of people who want him to get the job not because he's the best candidate but because it help keep status quo and keep them employed.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I believe you.  My second point is that there are plenty of people who want him to get the job not because he's the best candidate but because it help keep status quo and keep them employed.  

Completely agree.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, laxtonto said:

He wont be the next AD

Exactly.  This is Chico after Dodge's firing all over again.  He wanted the job badly, a lot of people--and key people--were very vocal in their support of him, he brought experience and continuity to the table, but he was ruled out from the get-go.

EDIT: I just read Billy See's post. 

xT5LMGTu9Vtem9cXQc.gif

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

I have no problem with people campaigning for Hank, as long as they can also name other legitimate candidates and explain why Hank has more talent and potential as an AD than they do.

If someone thinks Hank should be the guy and they haven't a clue about other candidates outside of Denton, then their argument has no legs to stand on whatsoever. Just like people who wanted Chico because he did better than Mccarney and they didn't know enough other coaches outside of the name head coaches in CFB.

Still spitting Fire! 

• Upvote 2

Kim Phillips is VP at the Denton CVB. She doesn't represent the university, the athletic department or the Wretched Comical. She writes a weekly column on Denton CVB stuff. Past columns such weighty subjects as Denton being ready to host dog shows and there is a new "Welcome Central Mural" inside the "Discover Denton Welcome Center." This is the level of article that is endorsing Hank.

Express you discontent and I doubt you will see more articles like this. I wonder if anything she has written before got this level of notice?

By the way, I didn't know there was a Discover Denton Welcome Center. 

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Kim Phillips is VP at the Denton CVB. She doesn't represent the university, the athletic department or the Wretched Comical. She writes a weekly column on Denton CVB stuff. Past columns such weighty subjects as Denton being ready to host dog shows and there is a new "Welcome Central Mural" inside the "Discover Denton Welcome Center." This is the level of article that is endorsing Hank.

Express you discontent and I doubt you will see more articles like this. I wonder if anything she has written before got this level of notice?

By the way, I didn't know there was a Discover Denton Welcome Center. 

Yeah, I had to look her up, found out the same thing.  So what I get from the article is that Denton must always look inward never outward mentality.  There are some benefits to that for the tight-knit community that Denton is, but this is not one of those situations.

At least she's just cheer leading for a local rather than trying to engage in a public campaign with a thinly veiled intent of keeping herself employed.

I therefore harbor no ill will toward her.  

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Yeah, I had to look her up, found out the same thing.  So what I get from the article is that Denton must always look inward never outward mentality.  There are some benefits to that for the tight-knit community that Denton is, but this is not one of those situations.

At least she's just cheer leading for a local rather than trying to engage in a public campaign with a thinly veiled intent of keeping herself employed.

I would hope the candidate that eventually gets the job demonstrates a knowledge of specific UNT problems and offers unique solutions to those problems during the interview process. 

Any candidate that shows up, knows nothing about the UNT situation, and merely relies on his resume as an Asst AD at P5 U should be thanked and summarily dismissed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I don't know about Denton, but most places the CVB is NOT a part of the Chamber of Commerce. However, they tend to publish very chamber-like material. It's always stuff about why you should <<fill in the blank>> in Denton, or Ft Worth, or wherever. It's not so much an inward focus as a pure promotional focus. That's what this one was - pure promotion. 

I'll bet the CVB does a search beyond Denton when looking for new blood! 

Plus, have you ever had to come up with material for a weekly column? The first few months are easy, then later it's hard. Sometimes you get desperate for material. 

• Upvote 2