MGB: UNT picks up late commitment from JUCO cornerback

Brett Vito

12 minutes ago, North Texas Shep said:

Damn! This kid was a great last minute get for us. 

hell yeah he was. If this season has a complete turnaround defensively then Ekeler needs to be hitting the 300k+ mark for sure.  To put things into perspective.... who, besides Bean, did Cosh recruit to North Texas?  Hell... wanna take it a step further?  Who did Skladany recruit here during his first pre-season?  It feels like Ekeler (while not true) single-handedly recruited this 2016 class.  

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

hell yeah he was. If this season has a complete turnaround defensively then Ekeler needs to be hitting the 300k+ mark for sure.  To put things into perspective.... who, besides Bean, did Cosh recruit to North Texas?  Hell... wanna take it a step further?  Who did Skladany recruit here during his first pre-season?  It feels like Ekeler (while not true) single-handedly recruited this 2016 class.  

Did Skladany recruit anyone. Ha! Cosh was full of passion and seemed to be hitting up schools, from what I heard. Either way Ekeler is getting results. Now let's see if these kids can play.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Things are looking up people.  This type of stuff is extremely encouraging.  I have more to share at a later time.

BTW did I mention Mike Ekeler is killing it?

Congratulations Coach Ekeler and welcome home, Eric! Yes, things are looking up.
Not only that, Harry left his post unguarded and I finally got to give him an "UP" vote.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Wyche the RB from LA retweeted his QB highlight tape, and the QB has a huge cannon of an arm and can run as well.. Would like to bring him in as well

https://t.co/ocgHOynZYn?ssr=true

It's look like he committed to Northern Colorado, the same team Brock Berglund went to.

6 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Hopefully some offensive good news to go along with all the defensive news. 

That would be nice...but if we can field a defense that takes no prisoners and consistently dominates opponents, I'll take that. I have confidence that Seth, Graham, et al, can take the offensive parts we already have and get them to consistently double (perhaps even more) last year's points output.