Todd Dodge

Cooley

1 hour ago, TheWestie said:

ClAgjxHWYAAJv5x.jpg:large

They both look scared to death. Like someone off to the right was putting in a Jimmy John's order over the phone and ordered a #5 Vito and Dodge had a visceral reaction upon hearing the V word...

ClAfbWEXEAAkG98.jpg:large

Now this.....

This looks F'in badass.

Hmm, Mahoney looks like he's high, no? Or just completely disinterested...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Guess I am not seeing Dodge on the cover. 

I just see "Our Coach is Hotter than Your Coach" Kingsbury and Mahomes.

4 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Hmm, Mahoney looks like he's high, no? Or just completely disinterested...

Looking and the view in Lubbock.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheWestie said:

ClAgjxHWYAAJv5x.jpg:large

They both look scared to death. Like someone off to the right was putting in a Jimmy John's order over the phone and ordered a #5 Vito and Dodge had a visceral reaction upon hearing the V word...

ClAfbWEXEAAkG98.jpg:large

Now this.....

This looks F'in badass.

F#$% Cliffy Doucheberry and all the Tech Trash. Just saying.

9 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Tell me, and be honest.  If I had blood drawn and it read .12, would a grand jury give one iota of a shit about video evidence given that I'm not a state championship winning football player?

Also, I have zero understanding of what a grand jury is, or how they get called in to things, but doesn't a DWI generally go straight to arraignment and plea or trial in county court?  How do you get the grand jury involved?

Edit:  It appears the grand jury gets involved because this was a felony charge, not misdemeanor.  Is that correct?

Edited by oldguystudent

5 hours ago, RushnStudies said:

Yes. The grand jury reviews all felonies. The whole key to this one was the 11-month-old in the car.

This is correct. It was reviewed by a grand jury because it was a felony because of the 11 month old in the car.

what people don't know is a year ago the law on how grand juries are selected changed. It used to be that district court judges selected the grand jurors. Many of the grand jurors were retirees who had done it multiple times (grand juries serve for around 5 months), were experienced at hearing cases and asked thoughtful questions and made good decisions. 

The change in the law requires that grand jurors now be selected directly from the regular juror pool. That means that anyone called to jury duty who can commit to 2 weekdays a week for 5 months has a shot at being appointed to a grand jury. The problem with this is the quality of grand juror that are now showing up on grand juries. The ability to follow the evidence has decreased substantially. 

In most cases, the prosecutor presenting the evidence will suggest either to indict or not indict (in high profile cases, such as shootings where a police officer shoots a suspect, a reccomendation is not made. The evidence is given to the grand jury and they must make the decision). Used to be the grand jury went along with that reccomendation about 90% of the time. I'd bet that number has dropped to about 70% now, maybe less. It was in the news recently where the grand jury refused to indict the second party in the shooting of a Fort Worth Police Officer and the DA's Office turned right around and refiled charges. That's an odd occurrence and tells you that the reccomendation was for an indictment.

Problem is you now have politically motivated people wanting to be on these grand juries and getting positions. If you truly seek justice, this is a problem. I wish the law could be changed back to the way it was . It's a real problem.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20150523-texas-house-oks-changes-to-how-grand-juries-are-selected.ece

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

“His teaching certification and coaching career hinged on what this grand jury decided,” Lewis said.

I hate this kind of apologetic response. 

This is putting the blame for Riley's actions on the grand jury (eta: if he had been indicted). smh

Edited by Aldo

14 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I hate this kind of apologetic response. 

This is putting the blame for Riley's actions on the grand jury (eta: if he had been indicted). smh

That is exactly what is lawyer is SUPPOSED to say and how he's supposed to frame it. Mr Lewis would be a terrible lawyer if he did otherwise. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Tell me, and be honest.  If I had blood drawn and it read .12, would a grand jury give one iota of a shit about video evidence given that I'm not a state championship winning football player?

Also, I have zero understanding of what a grand jury is, or how they get called in to things, but doesn't a DWI generally go straight to arraignment and plea or trial in county court?  How do you get the grand jury involved?

Edit:  It appears the grand jury gets involved because this was a felony charge, not misdemeanor.  Is that correct?

Call UNT law school!! We now have one!!