Red Shirt who?

Wag Tag

14 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I know our commit list is somewhat fluid with the Jucos. Based off the UNT commit page who would you not red shirt?

All the underclassman I would consider to red shirt except maybe Deion.

Any ideas?

Maybe not redshirt the WR recruit form OK? It seems we need more capable recievers.

I do think Fine should be redshirted this year. With the JUCO QB addition we should be able to sit Fine this year and let him learn and grow.

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

My vote for not redshirting is Nic Smith

I think that'll depend on the status of Willie Ivery. You have to think that Wilson, Ivery, and Wyche would get the bulk of the snaps right now. It may be ideal to redshirt Smith if we could to expand his eligibility for the future at the position...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT Mean Green said:

I think that'll depend on the status of Willie Ivery. You have to think that Wilson, Ivery, and Wyche would get the bulk of the snaps right now. It may be ideal to redshirt Smith if we could to expand his eligibility for the future at the position...

if he can get you a win then he should play.

I totally understand what you are saying though!  i would love to be able to pocket him and have him for the future but wins help recruiting.  So lets not leave any "Meat on the Bone"

• Upvote 2

On June 15, 2016 at 11:51 AM, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Rico Bussey (WR from OK) could come in and contribute it seems like immediately so he is probably a no go for the redshirt option

With the addition of the JUCO wide out I could see us red shirting the entire HS class.

I would not be so sure, we have some really good players coming in. Littrell wants and knows he needs to win now.  I do see a large portion red shirting but I also think with the number of blue shirts we are using it is definitely a possibility.  Eventually 4-5 years from now that will hurt your numbers I would think. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I would not be so sure, we have some really good players coming in. Littrell wants and knows he needs to win now.  I do see a large portion red shirting but I also think with the number of blue shirts we are using it is definitely a possibility.  Eventually 4-5 years from now that will hurt your numbers I would think. 

Good point(s). The thought process here from the staff is pretty evident. Upgrade the talent level by and and all means possible and the wins will come. Winning cures everything.

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

With the addition of the JUCO wide out I could see us red shirting the entire HS class.

My comment was made prior to the Jucos pickup.  So obviously that would change things.

Although you need to have some serious depth at WR to be successful with this type of offense so I stand by what I said!