Buc-ee’s set to come to Denton by 2018

Skipper

9 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Been to a bucees once. I'll never step foot in another. Bunch of Americanized, domesticated fat worthless pos trying to stuff their gullet with fudge and fried food. I was disgusted. It does seem to be an RV heaven. 

What do you think about Walmart?

• Upvote 2

Jesus people. Bucee's is basically a clean (by a wide margin) Love's or Flying J or _____ without truckers and showers.

There's no "fascination".

Great place to stretch your legs and pop a squat on long road trips, sometimes at the same time.  Great stop if you have children.

#BuceesIsTheNewRV

#CleanShittersForLife

• Upvote 5

I like stopping in there when I'm passing through on a trip to Austin or Houston.  And some of their stuff is pretty cheap.  For example, their Lodge cast iron pans are cheaper than I've seen anywhere, including Amazon. 

Also, they tend to carry a lot of college merch.  I hope to find some good UNT stuff if they put one up in the university's back yard.  But if I walk in to find a bunch of the same old UT, ATM, SMU, TTU, TCU, (Sucks to) BU, SFA, & TSU garbage, I'm going to be royally pissed and will never go again.  Wifey will have to go in alone to use the restroom because none of us here are dumb enough to deny them the ability to use the restroom there.  :)

On 6/13/2016 at 3:58 PM, southsideguy said:

great a cement forest to add to Denton nice looking views from 1-35. I hate that the city gave tax breaks to a gas station, what about the other gas stations that went it alone?  

It was a tax break from around $875 to around $450 so yes its a break but it also still makes the City money. It employs an ungodly amount of people. Buckies is also paying for an over pass on 35 and is helping with roads in and out of the gas station.

The area that the gas station is going in was zoned for a Truck Stop type commercial zoning sooooo, would Loves be better?

• Upvote 2

On June 16, 2016 at 0:26 PM, Ben Gooding said:

Walmart? Buccees? My comment can cover American society. We are a fat and selfish country. 

You sound such an outstanding, world changing human being.  Thanks for helping make America better! Preciate your contributions. 

7 hours ago, Moobs said:

I like stopping in there when I'm passing through on a trip to Austin or Houston.  And some of their stuff is pretty cheap.  For example, their Lodge cast iron pans are cheaper than I've seen anywhere, including Amazon. 

Also, they tend to carry a lot of college merch.  I hope to find some good UNT stuff if they put one up in the university's back yard.  But if I walk in to find a bunch of the same old UT, ATM, SMU, TTU, TCU, (Sucks to) BU, SFA, & TSU garbage, I'm going to be royally pissed and will never go again.  Wifey will have to go in alone to use the restroom because none of us here are dumb enough to deny them the ability to use the restroom there.  :)

The new Bucc-ee's across from Texas Motor Speedway on 114 is a bunch of UT and A&M stuff, and a teeny little TCU section. And nothing else. 

And it's entirely within Denton County. By SEVERAL MILES.

never said loves would be better, 182 cars can fill up at one time at Bucees Beavers place.  don't you think that is a little overkill.  Unless they are giving gas away they don't need that many pumps and cement.  If you want cement go to cement city.

15 hours ago, Withers940 said:

It was a tax break from around $875 to around $450 so yes its a break but it also still makes the City money. It employs an ungodly amount of people. Buckies is also paying for an over pass on 35 and is helping with roads in and out of the gas station.

The area that the gas station is going in was zoned for a Truck Stop type commercial zoning sooooo, would Loves be better?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

never said loves would be better, 182 cars can fill up at one time at Bucees Beavers place.  don't you think that is a little overkill.  Unless they are giving gas away they don't need that many pumps and cement.  If you want cement go to cement city.

My statement was that It was zoned for a Truck stop, so its better for the community, that a place is going to produce tons of jobs and pay a crap ton of taxes through out its time there.

Are you also aware that they are going to make a massive green space/park area next to it, so its not just a "Cement City" and I think the term "city" is a little much dont you think? What do you think of the shopping center where chili's and the recent Black eye peas restaurant sit in? That a bunch of concrete wouldnt you say?

Yes, Buckees will pour a bunch of concrete but no larger than a Sams or Walmart would. It is a good thing for the city and will be a destination place for through traffic in our city.

• Upvote 1