Baylor Considering Retaining Briles

TreeFiddy

1 minute ago, TreeFiddy said:

OMG

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/06/13/major-baylor-donor-rangers-part-owner-bears-possibly-bringing-back-art-briles-like-see

I assume this would be followed by an announcement to convert to an all male campus.

Baylor W.....T.....F.....?

They will just declare Waco a "Rape Free Zone" and everything will be alright. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

What I'm hearing from Baylor sources is Bries had 8 years/$40 million remaining on his contract. Don't forget Baylor had to pony up to keep Briles from going to UT a couple of years ago. If they fire him, they must prove he violated the terms of that contract in court. If the Justice Department brings charges against him for Title IX violations as looked likely a couple of weeks ago, they are off the hook if he's convicted. But now it appears the Justice Department IS NOT going to bring charges which leaves Baylor on a $40 million hook. Apparently they could get out of most of the money they can show he violated some kind of ethics clauses in his contract, but there's a huge difference in people being willing to tell an investigator what happen and being willing to appear in open court and testify.

Thus, there is the possibility of a one or two year suspension followed by Bries reinstatement. 

Keep your popcorn handy. 

EDIT - Here's an article I found, but it doesn't mention the Feds not bringing any charges as some Baylor folks mentioned. 

This.  All the media I've heard/read is losing their minds, but they aren't trying to look very hard.  Going even further, if they can't cleanly fire him for cause because they can't come up with enough hard evidence, he is certainly going to turn around and sue for at least double what they owe him.

It's a bad situation down there that just seems to be getting worse.

I feel sorry for the victims that this is just being considered. It will be a true tragedy if Briles is retained. I get that college football makes more money than anything and making money is important, but it should NEVER be put ahead of keeping the students safe. I applaud these women's bravery for coming out. It'a shame that victimized women feel like they can't come clean about an incident because the rapist is a big football star.

• Upvote 5

Surprised when I first heard it but knew it had to do with that huge contract he's sporting.  They'll end up retaining him with a suspension. Briles better keep his asshole puckered because Baylor is looking to can him if he even farts in the wrong direction... 

6 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Surprised when I first heard it but knew it had to do with that huge contract he's sporting.  They'll end up retaining him with a suspension. Briles better keep his asshole puckered because Baylor is looking to can him if he even farts in the wrong direction... 

He better keep it puckered regardless in that town.

• Upvote 1

On June 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM, GrandGreen said:

Can we trade UNT90 to Baylor for two fans to be named later?   He will definitely have all the answers they need and is an expert on contracts.   

Don't forget scheduling.

Harry should rename this place GoMeanBears

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:07 AM, Matt from A700 said:

I feel sorry for the victims that this is just being considered. It will be a true tragedy if Briles is retained. I get that college football makes more money than anything and making money is important, but it should NEVER be put ahead of keeping the students safe. I applaud these women's bravery for coming out. It'a shame that victimized women feel like they can't come clean about an incident because the rapist is a big football star.

This.

Send the victims a message, we don't really care what happens to you if football wins. That is our family value.

On the plus side, hiring him back ought to boost the size of the jury verdicts that start coming in when victims begin suing.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Above it all — above the playbook, the high school connections or the eye for coaching and football talent — what pushed Art Briles to turn Baylor from historic doormat to record-breaking powerhouse was the man’s defiant pride. In fact, it was that personality trait that breathed life into all his other facets as a head coach.

And now it’s set to become Baylor’s worst enemy.

According to a report from the Associated Press, Briles has no intention of settling a lawsuit brought against himself and his former employer by a victim of the sexual assault scandal that detonated the Bears’ football program and rocked college sports as a whole. In fact, Briles’ attorneys are demanding Baylor turn over its documents on the sexual assault scandal while accusing the school of wrongful termination

read more:  http://footballscoop.com/news/divorce-baylor-art-briles-just-got-significantly-messier/

• Upvote 1

On June 13, 2016 at 7:10 PM, UNT90 said:

Baylor: the new uniform and helmet sticker off season ass whip.

so says "Captain Ass Whip" himself

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

On June 13, 2016 at 1:55 PM, TreeFiddy said:

OMG

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/06/13/major-baylor-donor-rangers-part-owner-bears-possibly-bringing-back-art-briles-like-see

I assume this would be followed by an announcement to convert to an all male campus.

Baylor W.....T.....F.....?

Only thing retaining here will be attorneys!!!