Orlando Terrorist Attack

The murderer's wife has told authorities that she drove the suspect to the night club on several occasions in order for him to scout the location. Looks like co-conspirator charges are in her immediate future. That also explains his previous presence at the bar.

Interesting the amount of leaks in this investigation...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

would closed borders legitimately make you feel safer? why? 

for me, the bans would ostensibly serve as a cultural opiate. perhaps it would make you feel safer for a time, but would ultimately create more risk and would deteriorate the pillars

not Orlando, not San Bernadino, not Ft. Hood...not Newtown, not Charleston, not Aurora, not Portland, not Columbine...hell, not UT 1966...closed borders wouldn't have done a damn thing. 

We have more than enough examples of incidents that give reason to close our borders, improve and enforce our visa and our vetting process and enforce our immigration laws.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

I agree Rick ....   but a damn fence is completely stupid in most areas..... . Near an urban area .. maybe so ......but in remote places especially along most of the Rio Grande... really, really stupid. To me the bigger problem is the illegal Asian and Middle Eastern  immigration.... not the Hispanic ones . ...which ones are the terrorists.... ???  

it worked for the USSR etc. to have fences ... but they were also manned with guard towers and machine guns at close intervals and not along some River...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

I agree Rick ....   but a damn fence is completely stupid in most areas..... . Near an urban area .. maybe so ......but in remote places especially along most of the Rio Grande... really, really stupid. To me the bigger problem is the illegal Asian and Middle Eastern  immigration.... not the Hispanic one. ...which ones are terrorists.... ???  

I haven't heard anyone claim a fence needing built across every inch.  It's probably not needed.  But if we wanted to, I suppose we could?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Listen to Trump again.. he has said it .... but he changes what he says at every stop to please the crowd. [besides calling everyone some unflattering name ... he did that to every other GOP candidate and the crowds found it entertaining and laughed  ] ... He has said it.. the entire border .. who knows what he said last...  ... and later he said he was going to make Mexico pay for it and build it on their side.... REALLY.??? ... How do you make them ??? .. invade them ..???   makes no sense.... a stupid comment. !!  .... nearly impossible, not secure either in remote places , the expense might be trillions....

He also is going to make America great again.... really ......I have been in about 20 foreign countries and we are already pretty great... and a whole lot better than some, actually most ... but most northern European ones are very good also but all have their individual problems.. they are far from backward..just smaller and with a lot less military power... i was seeing cell phones and flat screens TVs and cash registers there several years before they were common here. [remember Nokia, Ericson, Phillips,  and some other companies were from there... not such big names here now but were 15-20 years ago... Japanese names have overtaken them ] .. a bit odd and maybe gross but I was also seeing auto-flush toilets there way before they showed up here. Mass transportation is light-years ahead of us.... We are still the leader of the world in most areas... His claim is a dumb comment. ..... if you understand what other places are like. ... People who want a good living here need to understand an education in a "needed" field (not likely Egyptian history) will get them a good living ..... electronics have made many jobs gone .... seen any rooms full of typists, bookkeepers,  or phone operators lately... or many more jobs (  Even oil industry) . ... obsolete.... we now live in a high tech world.  Jobs that anyone can do (sell burgers, shovel dirt, mow grass) ...  do not pay much....  

46 minutes ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

Listen to Trump again.. he has said it .... but he changes what he says at every stop to please the crowd. [besides calling everyone some unflattering name ... he did that to every other GOP candidate and the crowds found it entertaining and laughed  ] ... He has said it.. the entire border .. who knows what he said last...  ... and later he said he was going to make Mexico pay for it and build it on their side.... REALLY.??? ... How do you make them ??? .. invade them ..???   makes no sense.... a stupid comment. !!  .... nearly impossible, not secure either in remote places , the expense might be trillions....

He also is going to make America great again.... really ......I have been in about 20 foreign countries and we are already pretty great... and a whole lot better than some, actually most ... but most northern European ones are very good also but all have their individual problems.. they are far from backward..just smaller and with a lot less military power... i was seeing cell phones and flat screens TVs and cash registers there several years before they were common here. [remember Nokia, Ericson, Phillips,  and some other companies were from there... not such big names here now but were 15-20 years ago... Japanese names have overtaken them ] .. a bit odd and maybe gross but I was also seeing auto-flush toilets there way before they showed up here. Mass transportation is light-years ahead of us.... We are still the leader of the world in most areas... His claim is a dumb comment. ..... if you understand what other places are like. ... People who want a good living here need to understand an education in a "needed" field (not likely Egyptian history) will get them a good living ..... electronics have made many jobs gone .... seen any rooms full of typists, bookkeepers,  or phone operators lately... or many more jobs (  Even oil industry) . ... obsolete.... we now live in a high tech world.  Jobs that anyone can do (sell burgers, shovel dirt, mow grass) ...  do not pay much....  

Oh...so your listening to Trump now?  That's interesting.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Oh...so your listening to Trump now?  That's interesting.

Rick

Of course.....  Everyone should listen to both sides of issues to make up an intelligent decision.... never have I voted straight ticket .. both parties have their idiots and good people...  Don't you  to listen to both sides of an issues...???  or do you just do as someone tells you to vote or decide on anything.  If you listen to Fox you really do not understand what other parties and candidate believe....  it sure isn't whast they claim most of teh time.... people in the other party are also patriotic, mostly Christian, do believe in  changeand also intelligent.. [ remember women could not vote until 1920 and all of the gender and racial things put into place during the 60's-70's ], Until then (I am assuming you are younger) i doubt you saw the changes and  differences I have seen..  ... few women doctors, lawyers, engineers, or in positions of responsibility when I went to college.. .. and even the blacks in my HS graduating class could not go to any SWC , ACC,  or SEC college or even the Baptist college in my hometown.. and most lived less than two miles away from it.. That changed in the 60's and 70's.  I could not conduct business or vote at 18 but I could be sent to Nam ... that has changed.  

Suppose something happens in a classroom or situation and one kid (or person) tell one story of the event and all the rest tell a different story but similar story ... Which is likely the truth...??     The one or the many..??  The same happens with witnesses in a courtroom.... you listen to both sides and make up your mind  bases on what you hear from BOTH sides.  .. That pretty much describes the Media now ... one network says one thing and nearly all the rest  (and printed media) tell things different..... intelligent people listen to both sides and make up their mind as to how things really are....  Some people if they hear something they don't want to be true .. yell LIBERAL ... even if it is true..  Sounds like what has happened in some bad countries in the past. 

Me.. financially I am very conservative... [ hate the national debt which started climbing in 2001 ...]  Other issues which one..?? some I am conservative on some I would say liberal or progressive fits better.... Times and conditions change... Gays .. I don't get it but just leave them alone, they are not bothering me.... I don't have to be their buddy... .. transgender I don't understand at all.....  Many more.... I hate paying taxes ..but... we have them to pay have a good military and a safe country, need a court system, law enforcement , schools, hospitals, food inspections, drug inspections, border security and much more .... most tea-party types just don't understand at all that taxes are needed  .. that is why are are great compared to many countries..... we have those.... and we have to pay for them..... . War.... stay out of them as much as possible... and make absolutely sure there is good justification for getting into one.... there wasn't in last one... no WMD and CIA never said there was ( Cheney especially was lying like crazy..claimed he knew where they were ).  The crazy thing we had always increased taxes to pay for every war we have been in ..... but not this last one... we cut taxes and the debt soared.... Stupid. Debt was less than 6 trillion in 2001 after 210 years... $11 trillion eight years later and about $18 now .... which party controlled Congress nearly all that time.... the so-called conservative one...... They aren't, not financially. . Are things better in Middle East than before we invaded .. nope... ISIS is there,.. It cost  us money and lives and made things worse. Even every GOP candidate (except JEB) claimed it was a bad mistake... 

Hope you really read and actually listen to both sides of issues. I am not telling you what to believe... just be open minded and determine what you think is really true. . 

• Upvote 1

Keep them or out ... what does it matter ..... there has to be armed towers for a "wall"  to work.. and it wasn't along some river 100's of miles long. 

Even The Great Wall of China, Hadians Wall in Britain in Roman times , and the Soviet wall had armed guards (towers) on it. ...also  the walled cities of medieval times.... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

Of course.....  Everyone should listen to both sides of issues to make up an intelligent decision.... never have I voted straight ticket .. both parties have their idiots and good people...  Don't you  to listen to both sides of an issues...???  or do you just do as someone tells you to vote or decide on anything.  If you listen to Fox you really do not understand what other parties and candidate believe....  it sure isn't whast they claim most of teh time.... people in the other party are also patriotic, mostly Christian, do believe in  changeand also intelligent.. [ remember women could not vote until 1920 and all of the gender and racial things put into place during the 60's-70's ], Until then (I am assuming you are younger) i doubt you saw the changes and  differences I have seen..  ... few women doctors, lawyers, engineers, or in positions of responsibility when I went to college.. .. and even the blacks in my HS graduating class could not go to any SWC , ACC,  or SEC college or even the Baptist college in my hometown.. and most lived less than two miles away from it.. That changed in the 60's and 70's.  I could not conduct business or vote at 18 but I could be sent to Nam ... that has changed.  

Suppose something happens in a classroom or situation and one kid (or person) tell one story of the event and all the rest tell a different story but similar story ... Which is likely the truth...??     The one or the many..??  The same happens with witnesses in a courtroom.... you listen to both sides and make up your mind  bases on what you hear from BOTH sides.  .. That pretty much describes the Media now ... one network says one thing and nearly all the rest  (and printed media) tell things different..... intelligent people listen to both sides and make up their mind as to how things really are....  Some people if they hear something they don't want to be true .. yell LIBERAL ... even if it is true..  Sounds like what has happened in some bad countries in the past. 

Me.. financially I am very conservative... [ hate the national debt which started climbing in 2001 ...]  Other issues which one..?? some I am conservative on some I would say liberal or progressive fits better.... Times and conditions change... Gays .. I don't get it but just leave them alone, they are not bothering me.... I don't have to be their buddy... .. transgender I don't understand at all.....  Many more.... I hate paying taxes ..but... we have them to pay have a good military and a safe country, need a court system, law enforcement , schools, hospitals, food inspections, drug inspections, border security and much more .... most tea-party types just don't understand at all that taxes are needed  .. that is why are are great compared to many countries..... we have those.... and we have to pay for them..... . War.... stay out of them as much as possible... and make absolutely sure there is good justification for getting into one.... there wasn't in last one... no WMD and CIA never said there was ( Cheney especially was lying like crazy..claimed he knew where they were ).  The crazy thing we had always increased taxes to pay for every war we have been in ..... but not this last one... we cut taxes and the debt soared.... Stupid. Debt was less than 6 trillion in 2001 after 210 years... $11 trillion eight years later and about $18 now .... which party controlled Congress nearly all that time.... the so-called conservative one...... They aren't, not financially. . Are things better in Middle East than before we invaded .. nope... ISIS is there,.. It cost  us money and lives and made things worse. Even every GOP candidate (except JEB) claimed it was a bad mistake... 

Hope you really read and actually listen to both sides of issues. I am not telling you what to believe... just be open minded and determine what you think is really true. . 

I stopped reading when you vilified FOX as being partisan yet didn't mention one word about NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN being partisan towards democrats.

I'm sure it was just another "hey, I'm an independent, but here are the democrat talking points" post... 

Political hypocrite. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

IE. .... If they don't say what you want to be true .. they are partisan to Democrats....   and liberals etc. 

Suppose something happens in a classroom or situation and one kid (or person) tell one story of the event and all the rest tell a different story but similar story ... Which is likely the truth...??  Same applies in a courtroom.   ... but only one news source tell the truth...??  the rest ... nope they favor the other guys. ... hmmmm..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

IE. .... If they don't say what you want to be true .. they are partisan to Democrats....   and liberals etc. 

Suppose something happens in a classroom or situation and one kid (or person) tell one story of the event and all the rest tell a different story but similar story ... Which is likely the truth...??  Same applies in a courtroom.   ... but only one news source tell the truth...??  the rest ... nope they favor the other guys. ... hmmmm..

And there it is. A liberal democrat protecting his news sources. Go re-up that NEA membership. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

5 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

13407212_10157315872455508_6810852224011626342_n.jpg

Anything but a terrorist attack that shows the President you proudly voted twice for has been a major failure in foreign policy, eh? 

6 hours ago, southsideguy said:

This terrible in no other words.  But I wonder if the Media fuels the fire for these sick people.  I think they feed off the coverage.

The media should never publish the murderers names, but that is never going to happen.

Ratings.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Quoner said:

Lots here - including failed government entrapment, coworkers saying cool things and him being a pretty big walking red flag for a long time.

I think he caught on to the FBI informant, got wise to the situation at hand and realized he went overboard with his comments and clam'ed up from there on.  He knew he would eventually act and had to walk a straighter line to get his chance.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Quoner said:

Lots here - including failed government entrapment, coworkers saying cool things and him being a pretty big walking red flag for a long time.

"We've always been known as home of the (New York) Mets, and now we're going to be known as home of the assassin — the killer,"

call it a push?

• Upvote 2

New York Times: ‘Always Agitated. Always Mad’: (The Murderer), According to Those Who Knew Him'

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/us/omar-mateen-gunman-orlando-shooting.html?rref=collection%2Fnewseventcollection%2F2016-orlando-shooting&action=click&contentCollection=us&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=collection&referer=http://www.nytimes.com/news-event/2016-orlando-shooting

But his professed embrace of the Islamic State and its call for disaffected Muslims to attack the West seem to have come suddenly, as if something snapped. And while some reports have suggested that he was gay, federal officials say they have found no evidence in his effects or online presence to back them up..

Yeah, something just snapped,..suddenly. 

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Did you just stop at the quote and ignore the rest of the page after you saw an early sentence that fit your hypothesis or do you just plan to read the rest of it later?