Orlando Terrorist Attack

50 dead, 53 wounded. And the news networks are already giving the murderer the fame he most assuredly sought. 

Shooting occurred in a prominent gay night club.

About the murderer: licensed security guard, American born Muslim who had been investigated twice by the FBI for terrorist ties as recently as 2014, Afgan parents, wife from Uzbekistan, registered democrat. 

This shooting reeks of a copycat of the Paris shooting. It will be extremely interesting to see what the FBI finds on the murderer's cell phone and computers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

What a tragedy.  I just watched Gov Rick Scott and Sen Bill Nelson speak.  Scott got choked up.  Nelson stated that the initial intelligence indicated that this is ISIS related.  He was careful to say that was not yet the FBI's position.  FBI agent Ron Hopper has been assigned the case.  Very disturbing that this lunatic was questioned by the FBI already as recently as 2014.  Thoughts and prayers for all of the families.

40 minutes ago, Harry said:

What a tragedy.  I just watched Gov Rick Scott and Sen Bill Nelson speak.  Scott got choked up.  Nelson stated that the initial intelligence indicated that this is ISIS related.  He was careful to say that was not yet the FBI's position.  FBI agent Ron Hopper has been assigned the case.  Very disturbing that this lunatic was questioned by the FBI already as recently as 2014.  Thoughts and prayers for all of the families.

Disgusting to see some politicians already working this for political capital. The dem rep for the district saying "background checks are needed for gun sales." Stupid. This murderer was a licensed security guard and would have passed the background check. 

The republican I just saw on the news demanding a war on ISIS. While I don't necessarily disagree with that statement, don't link it to this shooting, because there is a LONG way to go to find out if ISIS had any role at all or whether this is a home grown terrorist acting on his own disfigured idea of Islam. 

These types of statements make me feel that all professional politicians are just sleezy opportunist doing anything they can to avoid having to actually work for a living. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

And guess whose name is trending on Twitter. Here is a hint- not one of the victims.

I really wish news outlets would just identify these loons as "the murderer." Don't give them the notoriety they so often crave.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well now they are saying the guy made a 911 call prior to going in the club and swore allegiance to ISIS...

And shouting allahu Akbar during the shooting. 

I wonder if Pres. Obama will call this workplace violence...

In other news, a suspect has been arrested with weapons and possible explosives on the way to the West Hollywood Gay pride parade in LA. 

This may not be over.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

12 hours ago, UNT90 said:

President Obama:

The man can literally never say "radical Islamist terrorism." Instead, he blames it on guns and whores politically. Disgusting.

because white guys go into churches and shoot people after they participate in bible studies.....and autistic kids, a child of a dumbass who left 20 unlocked guns around the house, walk into elementary schools and start blasting children.  I hate the wahhabi brand of Islam as much as the next guy but the problem does not start and stop with them.

Dude was talked to by the FBI twice.......and still bought guns the other day......you don't see a problem with that then you are part of the problem.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

because white guys go into churches and shoot people after they participate in bible studies.....and autistic kids, child of a dumbass who left 20 unlocked guns around the house, walk into elementary schools and start blasting children.  I hate the wahhabi brand of Islam as much as the next guy but the problem does not start and stop with them.

Dude was talked to by the FBI twice.......and still bought guns the other day......you don't see a problem with that then you are part of the problem.

The problem I see is a President who blatantly refuses to call radical Islamist terrorism what it is. 

This guy was going to kill, whether he had to buy the guns legally or illegally. Guns  aren't the problem in this terrorist attack, ideology is the problem.

If you don't see a problem with that then you are a part of the problem.

And ISIS has just taken credit for the attack...

As far as "being talked to twice" by the FBI, that is irrelevant as to gun ownership. The murderer wasn't even charged, much less convicted, of a crime and he was a US citizen. Do you propose removing constitutional rights for citizens who are merely suspected of a crime? Really?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

10 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Disgusting to see some politicians already working this for political capital. The dem rep for the district saying "background checks are needed for gun sales." Stupid. This murderer was a licensed security guard and would have passed the background check. 

The republican I just saw on the news demanding a war on ISIS. While I don't necessarily disagree with that statement, don't link it to this shooting, because there is a LONG way to go to find out if ISIS had any role at all or whether this is a home grown terrorist acting on his own disfigured idea of Islam. 

These types of statements make me feel that all professional politicians are just sleezy opportunist doing anything they can to avoid having to actually work for a living. 

So maybe heed your own words Instead of hammering on our President. Show a little respect. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

Some updated information:

The Islamist terrorist murderer was in high school when 911 happened. He openly cheered the attacks and praised Allah (according to a former high school classmate).

According to a former co-worker at the security firm for which the Islamist terrorist murderer worked, the murderer was so dangerous that the co-worker quit his job. The co-worker stated that he complained to management, but management refused to fire the murderer because he was a Muslim. 

Are these people trying to get tgeir15 minutes, or are these reliable sources of info? That's what the FBI will determine. 

But one thing is for sure. You won't see the above info reported by any of the "normal" news outlets (ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN). But they will most certainly put on any witness to say police shot a guy in the back when they know that person could be lying. 

Will anything change after this attack, or will Pres. Obama successfully sell the bullshit of guns being to blame and keep doing business as usual?

Rick's post above indicates some people are waking up (not that Trump is much better). People will choose security over freedom when it comes down to it. Rick's post is a great example of that. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Rick's post above indicates some people are waking up (not that Drumpf is much better). People will choose security over freedom when it comes down to it. Rick's post is a great example of that. 

That account was created a few days ago and could literally be anyone. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's difficult to throw gun control into this argument in a lot of ways. If this were a Texas gay bar somebody inside probably would have been packing, but who the hell knows if that would have made a difference anyway. There's really not a clearly viable solution to this kind of lunacy at this point, and that's what makes the gun issue so frustrating. To arm or not to arm, that is the question. Shakespeare?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, All About UNT said:

because white guys go into churches and shoot people after they participate in bible studies.....and autistic kids, a child of a dumbass who left 20 unlocked guns around the house, walk into elementary schools and start blasting children.  I hate the wahhabi brand of Islam as much as the next guy but the problem does not start and stop with them.

Yes, I see the problems:  FBI's reluctance to admit when it is dealing with potential terrorists.  FBI's inability to form a list of potential terrorists to add to background checks on gun purchases. 

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

It's difficult to throw gun control into this argument in a lot of ways. If this were a Texas gay bar somebody inside probably would have been packing, but who the hell knows if that would have made a difference anyway. There's really not a clearly viable solution to this kind of lunacy at this point, and that's what makes the gun issue so frustrating. To arm or not to arm, that is the question. Shakespeare?

Well, probably not since a Texas bar (gay or otherwise)usually is a '51%' location and as such carrying handguns is not allowed.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

I don't believe guns are allowed (even concealed) in bars due to alcohol being served. This makes a lot of sense to me however for large bars/clubs how to you protect the patrons of such an establishment from such an attack?

17 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

So maybe heed your own words Instead of hammering on our President. Show a little respect. 

We know quite a bit more, and so did the President at the time he spoke. He knew the suspect had called 911 and declared his alliegence to ISIS. He knew the suspect had twice been investigated for terrorist ties. He knew ISIS was responsible for this attack. 

Yet he chose the same old tired, worthless "guns are the problem" argument that has become a standard go to for any democrat no matter the circumstance of the crime or terrorist attack. 

If you had taken guns from this guy, he would have built bombs. Outlaw the components of bombs, he would have used a vehicle to intentionally run down people at a large social gathering. You can't outlaw everything that can be used to kill. At some point, you need to blame those reponsible for the actions they took.

The terrorist has been dealt with. Now the question becomes will the "country" that supported this terrorist attack, a country this president created through awful foreign policy, be held accountable?

The answer is obviously no. This president just doesn't have the balls to follow through.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

We know quite a bit more, and so did the President at the time he spoke. He knew the suspect had called 911 and declared his alliegence to ISIS. He knew the suspect had twice been investigated for terrorist ties. He knew ISIS was responsible for this attack.

I'm curious just how far this narrative will have to dissolve before you admit you're mistaken

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I'm curious just how far this narrative will have to dissolve before you admit you're mistaken

ISIS took credit. The murderer called 911 and swore allegiance to the ISIS leader by name. These are things Pres. Obama knew at the time. 

Do you need a map?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3