Former North Texas LB continues standing outside Valley Ranch, hoping for chance to play for Cowboys

Harry

Why not try Canada or Arena? 

I think he is going about this the wrong way. The Cowboys aren't in the business of handing out jobs. Presentation is key. If he really wanted to impress them he would have a full suit on with a professionally done sign, a briefcase containing his resume and highlight dvds, and a gym bag containing workout clothes on the chance they ask him in. They gave him a shot to showcase his skills and they said no thanks. It is time for him to accept that playing for the Dallas Cowboys is not a possibility presently. He should try another league to make some noise where a NFL team might eventually notice. This is starting to become sad and his cardboard sign, along with his Mean Green Workout clothes, don't exactly portray the university in a positive light.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

This is starting to become sad and his cardboard sign, along with his Mean Green Workout clothes, don't exactly portray the university in a positive light.

That's exactly what is bothering me. Now, the Dallas Cowboys organization is not going to have a negative view of NT because of this guy because they have enough people on staff - not just player, but staff - to know this guy is the exception. But others don't know that. Anyone know if he got a degree or not? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

That's exactly what is bothering me. Now, the Dallas Cowboys organization is not going to have a negative view of NT because of this guy because they have enough people on staff - not just player, but staff - to know this guy is the exception. But others don't know that. Anyone know if he got a degree or not? 

I certainly hope so. He needs to move on and stop embarrassing the University and the athletic department.

Geez, the image of him holding that cardboard sign and wearing a North Texas t-shirt is going to be used against us by every school that we compete with for talent. Starting with SMU. This is worse than the standard "If I want to deal with a NT graduate I'll just order a pizza" joke that all the SMU, TCU and Baylor grads out there throw at us. With this as the background music.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good on him for chasing his dream and refusing to be told no.  I'm sure he's thankful for the benefit of graduating without a mountain of student loan debt - allowing him to take some time to focus on a professional football career.  Maintaining the physical ability to play linebacker may be tough once it's not a chief daily pursuit, so I say he go for it while he can.  Whether it's in Dallas or elsewhere, hopefully he can represent the Mean Green on the gridiron.

At some point, though, he may be forced to move on and, thankfully, he has a great education to fall back on.

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

He should use the free education he received and try to get a job somewhere.

Sure, if he graduated. But even if he did graduate who's to say he's even marketable? I do not know Anthony at all in any way, but a lot of athletes (even some with degrees) do not market themselves very well as just human beings on Earth let alone as a potential employee material. Maybe football is literally the only thing he knows. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1