Twitter Users Please Retweet

GMG24

58 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Probably his goal.

Maybe so, but running off a guy who at the time was contributing at least $5k a year to your program isn't really smart, even if it is a dream come true for you personally. And it used to be more before I cancelled basketball tickets

Thinking like this is why UNT is a 35k school, 100k alumni within 100 miles, and yet has a fan base of 3 to 4K. So pat yourself on the back, Lifer. You can proudly proclaim how loyal you are to UNT while making fun of those that don't give a shit. I think certain people in this fan base revel in that role. 

Instead, I'll spend exactly $20 this year on UNT football. I'll invite no extra people to tailgates or games.

So by all means, President Skatresk, keep forwarding those emails to Rick Villarreal for the next week and his replacement after. I'll continue to do all of my communication with you in a VERY public forum.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Once again, sarcasm is lost on you.  But, don't let that stop you from making assumptions about my aspirations for this university and athletic department.  As my Dad use to say, there is more than one way to skin a cat.  I think we want the same results in the end, we just go about things differently.  Just because I don't agree with how you choose to handle things and don't believe that everything you post is right doesn't mean I don't have the same expectations.  Something tells me you ego has trouble understanding this line of thinking.

Again, as I stated in response to FFR's quote, the forwarding of an email could have been the actions of his admin helping delegate some issues off of the president's plate.  The admin having access to his work email is common, as is managing his schedule and prioritizing tasks.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hahaha you guys are making this way more complicated.

Guy just probably wants to sit down and air out the set of grievances that we also have had on this board. 

Not some secret conspiracy where the President himself is looking at the list of RTs and Favs this gets and writing your name down in some blacklist.

All of us are probably already on somebody's blacklist, anyway.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Aldo said:

hahaha you guys are making this way more complicated.

Guy just probably wants to sit down and air out the set of grievances that we also have had on this board. 

Not some secret conspiracy where the President himself is looking at the list of RTs and Favs this gets and writing your name down in some blacklist.

All of us are probably already on somebody's blacklist, anyway.

Gets it... Most of its been discussed on here some hasn't it is all good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On June 10, 2016 at 10:34 AM, UNTLifer said:

Have you ever stopped to think that President Smatresk's administrative assistant probably reviews his incoming emails, saw it was athletic's related and sent it on?  That is not uncommon in the business world.  Admins., especially the one's good at their job, have the freedom to determine what is important and requires their boss's response and what is not necessarily as important and can be handled by someone else.

Yeah, I considered it,.....until the URCM's Deborah Lilieart called to apologize because it was intercepted by her department, not the president's, and was carelessly forwarded directly to RV.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 6/11/2016 at 4:20 PM, FirefightnRick said:

Yeah, I considered it,.....until the URCM's Deborah Lilieart called to apologize because it was intercepted by her department, not the president's

FYI president@unt.edu goes straight to URCM. Not intercepted.

I won't argue the careless part, though.

8 minutes ago, Aldo said:

FYI president@unt.edu goes straight to URCM. Not intercepted.

I won't argue the careless part, though.

Regardless, a person in the position of university president has "gatekeepers" to filter what gets through to the Pres and what is sent to someone else to handle.