OK, Rangers, time to suck it up and play hard! Nice to have a day off...now back to work. The "magic number" is still 8. We are still 3 wins ahead of Cleveland for home-field advantage, they have 16 to play and we have only 15 games left. The Marinaras are 8.5 games behind us and have won 8 games in a row...Daddy used to say "The dog that shits fast don't shit long!". Let's hope Dad was right, and he might be since the ASStros go head-to-head with the Marinaras and it is do-or-die for them, being 10.5 back. They have no shot at the wild card if they don't scortch the Marinaras. We, on the other hand, get the AAAzzz...what could go wrong? Answer, plenty. We just can't seem to beat the teams we should beat. Time to do it tonight! Go Rangers!

ANOTHER great comeback last night! Was Lucroy a fabulous pickup or what? AND, the ASStros came through by crapping in the Marinaras. "MAGIC NUMBER" is now 6. Cleveland kept pace but we're still up by 3 games for AL's best. Fourteen games to play, Rangers, keep grinding.

200.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well...Yu shit his pants and the Rangers go down. BUT WAIT! The ASStros bailed us out by beating the Marinaras! "Magic Number" is now down to 5.

Unfortunately, Cleveland won and is now 2 wins behind us. Oh well, drive a nail and come back tomorrow.

200.gif

• Upvote 1

I've got BAD news, BAD news, BAD news, GOOD news, GOOD news and GOOD news!

The Rangers lost again; the Marinaras won again; the "magic number" is stuck on 5; Cleveland lost and we still have two wins on them for home-field; twelve games left to play in the regular season for the Rangers; and at the end of the day we have an 8.5 game lead on the Marinaras.

The team needs to put together a little run this week and nail down the division. Go Rangers! There is a lot left to play for, time to step up!

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Downvote 1

HWC!

Desmond walk offs Elvis from second.

Elvis goes 3 for 4 in the 9th spot.  Hitting something like .320 vs L.A.

Mazara gets his 19th bomb of the year.  That leads all A.L. rookies by 3.

20th walk off win of the year.

Magic # is 4.

Seattle and Houston both losing late.

We finally have a series lead over a losing team at 9-8.  No idea if there are other teams but I doubt it.

A great game by Perez, 7 solid innings, 2 runs on 4 hits.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rangers already won again tonight, 5-4, to win their 90th game and slice their magic number to 2.

Mariners are losing, 8-2. Astros tied at 1 late in the game.

If both teams lose, we would just need a win tomorrow or a loss by both Seattle and Houston to clinch the division. If one of these teams wins tonight, we would need them to lose tomorrow and the Rangers to win to clinch the division before taking the road again.

8 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Rangers already won again tonight, 5-4, to win their 90th game and slice their magic number to 2.

Mariners are losing, 8-2. Astros tied at 1 late in the game.

If both teams lose, we would just need a win tomorrow or a loss by both Seattle and Houston to clinch the division. If one of these teams wins tonight, we would need them to lose tomorrow and the Rangers to win to clinch the division before taking the road again.

It's in the bag y'all.   The rangers will win enough games to clinch without needing help from the Astros/Mariners losing.   

What you want to root for is the Astros to go on a tear and win one of the wildcards, then win the wildcard game so the Rangers can play them in the Divisional Series.

Yes, it is true...our "magic number" is 2.

Just remember what the man sings about that..."two is just as bad as one...its the loneliest number since the number one". :) I still get to drive a nail.

200.gif

Edited by EagleMBA

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's in the bag y'all.   The rangers will win enough games to clinch without needing help from the Astros/Mariners losing.   

What you want to root for is the Astros to go on a tear and win one of the wildcards, then win the wildcard game so the Rangers can play them in the Divisional Series.

Definitely. But I'd like to see the Rangers clinch in front of their home crowd.

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 1

Well...woulda, coulda, shoulda. No help from other teams and therefore no movement last night. It would be nice to clinch at home but the Rangers can't afford to back off. Do you hear that ominous rustle in the bushes just behind us? That is the Beantowners sneaking up on us for the home field advantage...gotta WIN!!

YESSSSS!!! Take care of business tonight, Rangers, and you clinch ! One more nail to drive and I can ice the elbow. I want it to be in good shape when I get to drive a nail to celebrate the home-field advantage. Boston and Cleveland are only one game back in the win column, guys...we can't let them snatch it away from us in the last nine games.

Go Rangers!

I was just thinking on the keyboard on August 9th when I made the post below. Now it looks like this is what it is going to take.

On 8/9/2016 at 0:01 PM, EagleMBA said:

Oh well, one game at a time. We only have 49 games left to play in the regular season, 19 of them on the road. Just for fun, I played with the numbers: On the season so far, the Rangers winning percentage is .666 at home and .516 on the road. Nineteen games left on the road X .516 = 9.8 wins. Thirty games left at home X .666 = 19.98 wins. Rounding up, we project 30 more wins for a final record of 96 - 66. Go Rangers! Git 'er done!

Having said that, we know Banister will rest some of the guys after the Division is clinched and play some kids they will call up. But hey, a guy can dream.

Edited by EagleMBA

Down to four games left, all at home, and we're hanging onto the home-field advantage by the hair of Lucroy's chinny-chin-chin! In our case, home-field advantage really is. Go Rangers!

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS!!! YES!! GO RANGERS!!

200.gif Now split the last two and make my August 9 projection a reality!!

Actually, that doesn't say anything about me...it is a testament to how consistent the Rangers have been this season.

tumblr_lq2ihujzPC1qht847.gif

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

I am in the minority that I would like to see the Rangers try to win their last two games so they can clinch their best record in franchise history.

I'm hoping somehow the Mariners manage to jump into the Wild Card. I do not want to see Toronto at all, despite their clubhouse problems. The order in which I'd like to face: Seattle, Baltimore, Detroit, Toronto

8 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I am in the minority that I would like to see the Rangers try to win their last two games so they can clinch their best record in franchise history.

I'm hoping somehow the Mariners manage to jump into the Wild Card. I do not want to see Toronto at all, despite their clubhouse problems. The order in which I'd like to face: Seattle, Baltimore, Detroit, Toronto

Agree 100%. For some reason, I missed the fact that there was still one milestone out there. By all means, let's sweep and set a new franchise record! This may actually be the best Ranger team I have seen...certainly the most consistent. Looks like Darvish and Hamels are ready to rock.

6 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Agree 100%. For some reason, I missed the fact that there was still one milestone out there. By all means, let's sweep and set a new franchise record! This may actually be the best Ranger team I have seen...certainly the most consistent. Looks like Darvish and Hamels are ready to rock.

This could have easily been a 100-win team had the pitching not gone through that awful stretch in July.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1