OUTSTANDING! The 200.gifswept the 200.gif and left them a little something for their special sauce. 200.gif Rangers take the day off tomorrow. They are out of that additive now, but the next four games are with the  200.gif and that's where it comes from. All we have to do is kick theirs!! Go Rangers...have a beer tonight, you earned it.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

We're really about to find out what the Astros are made of. Their next 13 games are against Texas (3), Clevelamd (4), Chicago (3) and Texas (3).

Thats a tough row to hoe.

Rick

Pitching matchups in this series REALLY favor Houston. Again, the Rangers just need to win one of these three games. 2 of 3 would be gravy and, absent a complete collapse by the Rangers, would effectively eliminate the Astros and wrap up the division for the Rangers. 

It should be a really fun baseball weekend. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Houston has been on a tear and is due for a reality check. Pitching aside, the Rangers just seem to find a way to win. I'll settle for a split of this series. BTW, I just saw that Vegas has the Rangers at 13-2 odds to win the World Series (3rd); the Cubs are at 11-4 (1st).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Twenty-six games to go, including four more with Houston and four more with Seattle! Yu on the mound today, what's not to like?

I love it! Every time the Rangers win now I hear the sound of nails being driven in Houston and Seattle's coffins.

200.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/4/2016 at 11:19 AM, EagleMBA said:

Twenty-six games to go, including four more with Houston and four more with Seattle! Yu on the mound today, what's not to like?

I love it! Every time the Rangers win now I hear the sound of nails being driven in Houston and Seattle's coffins.

200.gif

Personally I think the nail is already in the coffin for Seattle and Houston in terms of winning the AL West division.  Think all the eyes are set in making sure they maintain and grab that best record in the AL so they can have home field throughout. 

HWC!!!

After 4 hours Texas wins in a slugfest 10-7.

Texas left 15 men on base.

Perez gets the win, Dyson the save.

Elvis went 4 for 6 with 3 doubles and a 2 run bomb that landed in the left field upper deck.

Diekman left with bases loaded without getting an out.

Texas has now had 8 consecutive games with 6+ runs..August 29-September 6th.

8 1/2 game lead over Houston, 12 1/2 over Seattle.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

HWC!!!

After 4 hours Texas wins in a slugfest 10-7.

Texas left 15 men on base.

Perez gets the win, Dyson the save.

Elvis went 4 for 6 with 3 doubles and a 2 run bomb that landed in the left field upper deck.

Diekman left with bases loaded without getting an out.

Texas has now had 8 consecutive games with 6+ runs..August 29-September 6th.

8 1/2 game lead over Houston, 12 1/2 over Seattle.

Rick

It has gotten to the point that Diekman scares me. This is not the first time for that kind of performance from him...I hear Round Rock or Frisco calling!

Announcers said our "magic number" to win the division is now 16. Just keep hammering!! Rangers now have a four-game edge for best record in the AL and "home field advantage".

200.gif

Edited by EagleMBA

3 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

Yes! And it was worth it to stay up and watch last night's game after getting home from our victory over Booty Call. What an up-and-down-and-up game for the Rangers. I'm hopeful of driving another nail or two today. Go Rangers!

2 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Yes! And it was worth it to stay up and watch last night's game after getting home from our victory over Booty Call. What an up-and-down-and-up game for the Rangers. I'm hopeful of driving another nail or two today. Go Rangers!

At this point I'm not even concerned about the division. That's already locked in.  I do however want to make sure Texas maintains the best record in the AL so they can be at home throughout if it gets to that.

1 minute ago, Green Mean said:

At this point I'm not even concerned about the division. That's already locked in.  I do however want to make sure Texas maintains the best record in the AL so they can be at home throughout if it gets to that.

We agree. Except for a giant meltdown, we have the division title. The upcoming head-to-head games with the ASStros should seal the deal. I do have one eye on Cleveland for the very reason you cite.

HWC!!!

Odor with a solo bomb in the 12th.  

Perez goes 6 1/3 only giving up 2 runs on 3 hits.

Kela with the win.  Diekman with the save.

Dyson with a blown save in the 9th.

10.5 game lead over Houston.

Seattle currently leading the Angels 2-0 in the 7th.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It was worth staying up through extra innings to be able to drive another nail!

200.gif

Looks like Seattle will win and keep pace, remaining 9 1/2 games back. We have 17 games left in the regular season, Marinaras have 18 and are 9 losses behind us. That makes the "magic number" 9, assuming the Marinaras hold on to a 6-run lead tonight. Go Rangers!!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

At this point I almost feel bad for the Astros.  Take away their results head to head w/Texas and they have pretty similar records.  But I'll take it as I know Houston will be a machine soon within the next couple of years.

The ASStros do indeed have a good ballclub. It is almost eerie the way we seem to "have their number" this year. As for the Rangers, it is downright strange that they play sub-.500 ball against sub-500 teams, while playing great against the winning teams. Don't get me wrong, that is good as the Rangers head toward the playoffs.

HWC!

Stole this one when Elvis hit a game tying triple in the top of the 9th, Profar brought him home with a single.

Griffin with 7 strong innings and the win.

Tanner Shoeppers with the save.

Giles with an extremely rare three strike out blown save.

Rangers now 33-10 in 1 run games.  That leads the majors.

11.5 game lead over Houston

10 over Seattle.  The Mariners are currently leading 4-0 the Angels 4-0 in the 2nd.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick